Sundown Audio

Rockford t1500bdcp gain setting help

tbeats

7 minutes ago, reedal said:

Yes. But you wont see 2ohm due to impedance rise (reactive load). Dont mess with gain or boost, leave it where its at, and wire to .5ohm. 

Half ohm with -5dB overlap, start volume low and slowly increase to make sure you dont push the subs past mechanical limits.

This. Your reactive load, will be in outer space. Dont change nothint. And wire down. Report back. 

1 hour ago, bcbrassard said:

I would listen to him. Guys knows his shit.  Amp won't see .5 with rise.

Definitely will try but going with the -10db track in the A.M. I have to trust Steve and Tony on the fact they recommend -10db as an option in the book. Big d tested the same amp doing over rated at 2ohm so trying to make that work without wiring to half ohm if all possible. 

6 hours ago, tbeats said:

Definitely will try but going with the -10db track in the A.M. I have to trust Steve and Tony on the fact they recommend -10db as an option in the book. Big d tested the same amp doing over rated at 2ohm so trying to make that work without wiring to half ohm if all possible. 

Just a heads up, so you know, the AMP DYNO test is A REACTIVE/RESISTIVE LOAD test.

Never mind. Use the -15 if you wish. 

9 hours ago, tbeats said:

The amp dyno doesnt have a varying impedance the way drivers do. It will provide a consistent load to the amp, never changing until the operator chooses another resistance. You wont let your amp ACTUALLY operate at 2ohm unless you wire lower, therefore you will never see that 2ohm power it is capable of.

Well if the amp is actually doing substantially less power at 2ohm and with any box rise not sure how much sealed box , wouldn't -10db be safer vs wiring down below manufacturers recommended load just asking? Seems that -10db would be safer overall idk just trying to weigh the best (safest) for the amp.

Try -10 bro. Fact is, turning the gain more and more, doesn't make more power, and itsnt good on the rails either.  As we all know.

Try -10, or even -15 & see what happens. Report back, I am curious and wish ya the best man. Go get it. 

41 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Try -10 bro. Fact is, turning the gain more and more, doesn't make more power, and itsnt good on the rails either.  As we all know.

Try -10, or even -15 & see what happens. Report back, I am curious and wish ya the best man. Go get it. 

Not saying your wrong man just trying to understand how wiring lower then what the manufacturer says is safe is actually any safer. I'm not saying this as your wrong just trying to see the logic and not break the amp. I could be wrong but I would think wiring that low would raise the amps thd level same or more then having at 2ohm with -10db.

Archived