Sundown Audio

2 2500s or 1 5k - Pros/Cons ??

Surhoff88

Example...

System is 2 d2 subs on a 2000 watt RMS amp wired at .5. That amp is seeing a half ohm load to begin with. 

System 2. Same subs (d2 x2) but this time you have 2 x 1k amps and they're wired to the same .5 impedance. Each amp "shares" that load to make .25 at each amp hence the term "splitting rise". Same ohm load but 2 amps sharing that load now ( naughty lil amps haha). It makes sense to me. Impedance rises to 2 ohms with a single amp and that 1 amps sees that total rise... Slap 2 amps on there and the rise may be different, because power and resonant frequency play roles, but whatever impedance your system rises to, one thing fasho is when there's 2 amps they share that rise. 

8 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Lost,.. how adding more boards, power being equal,  does anything different with impedance. :shrugs: 

Doesn't do anything with the impedance. I was saying that whatever impedance it rises to, having multiple amps share the rise. I said "could've sworn" meaning iirc I read this somewhere. I'm still learning so I'm not making claims I'm kinda asking for clarification. Don't want anyone thinking I'm stating facts. Iirc multiple amps split rise I read on this site somewhere. Idk? I just beef up electrical and wire down a little. Not into the sedimentary rock like .25 or .33 for daily but definitely .67 or .5

Archived