Second Skin Audio

Want to get some peoples opinion

spyder_2003

1 hour ago, spyder_2003 said:

i have 42 inches wide 24 inches long and 19 inches tall available 

Since you can go 19", you can fit that 18" on the front face, which makes things a lot easier.  

Looking at your pictures, I think this is the sub you have: https://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/collections/raw-subwoofer-drivers/products/18-inch-raw-subwoofer-driver-speaker-18

Unfortunately the manufacturer gives almost no info on it, so all I can do is give you generic 18" sub box specs.  Here is something that would work:

image.thumb.png.26bbe75f32bf18e1a02a1794aea7de13.png

And here is how you would lay that out:

image.png.41ebda93963f502bb7c4deeff8fe74de.png

I didn't include any bracing in the drawing and a box this size should definitely have bracing. 

This is a pretty generic specced box for an 18" sub,  that way when you let the magic smoke out of your current sub you should be able to drop a higher quality 18" in there and be reasonably good to go. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

On 12/15/2018 at 5:41 AM, audiofanaticz said:

9 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Posted that a week ago. 
Company is crap, tried dealing with them with the owner of a local club that purchased a bunch or powered subs and all was dead on arrival except 1 speaker..
If you can get a person on the phone that even knows anything beyond whats listed on the website I'll buy you a beer.

Edit: I would really be careful on the box size, like i said they dont seem to handle rated power. Real rms wattage they can handle is like half of what is printed and the peak wattage is more like the listed rms. Highly inflated ratings. Just thought Id say that again.

Archived