Sundown Audio

RF P1000x5

codywood806

Hey everyone, I just picked up a P1000x5 for a 3 channel setup in my regular cab Silverado. I will be running a set of Focal ISC 650 in the doors and a jl 10TW3 power wedge on the sub output. I know that bridged, this amp puts out WAY too much power for those Focals but I plan on setting the gain very low. It just bugs me knowing that I am not using all the channels of amplification that I payed for (why I want to bridge). My plan is to upgrade the speakers to an active setup eventually that is why I got the 5 channel. OK so my question is how would I hook up the RCAs to run it in a 3 channel mode? The manual (https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/library/2013/3_amplifiers/1230-57270-01_punchamp_en-man.pdf) shows that I have to run 3 sets of RCAs but it is my understanding that I should only have to run 2 sets. So basically how do I set up the amp in a "3 channel mode." Any help would be sweet, thank you. 

A lot of RF amps allow you to run 2/4 ch mode with a switch and i don't see this amp having one so you will need inputs into ch 3 & 4 to bridge but i didn't read the manual.

Archived