Dumbest car audio fixes

This thread is for the stupid shit U did when U were young to install audio systems. I’ve cut the ends off electric cords and used the cable as my power , ground and remote wire. I’m not proud but the shit slammed.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I had 4 audiobahn 12's that were in two different enclosures wired to .5ohm which I didn't even know anything about ohmloads then. On a 2k watt amp with the gain to the max,

Wiring was a god damn disaster, that shit was getting it though, windshield flex like crazy, had this in the trunk of a 96 monte carlo.

Had a crappy 1farad cap, and a flooded battery in the trunk.

Don't know how that thing didnt burn to the ground.

Amp nor subs ever fried and I ran it that way for a solid year, the audio gods must have been looking out for me.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I ran 3 15’s ,  2 single 4ohm subs and a single 2ohm sub for what I thought would be 1ohm back in the day and the system ran hard and never had an issue.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

a bostick 15 and a jl W6v2 in the same enclosure as a center console. Actually worked ok but I am sure if I measured it I had a ton of cancellation or something else stupid. Oh and running a nice alpine deck in a buick century that was too deep so I just used the perforated metal strips with holes in them and put them on each side and left it dangling out of the hole. with 4x6s in the dash and MB quart 6x9s in the back. I loved that car.  

cousin and I were working on my explorer. He was connecting the power wire to the battery when I heard a loud pop and what looked like smoke at the time. So I jumped out of the drivers seat and went up there to find that he had touched the socket wrench handle to my A/C line and that smoke was the Freon leaking into the atmosphere. We laugh now, but that shit sucked in the dead balls heat of the summer. I got it fixed using gorilla tape and 2 part epoxy plus a recharge.

I had a shop build me a box for (4) 10's under the rear seat in my old Silverado and knowing what I know now.....shit was waaaaaaay undersized. Would have been better off doing only 3 subs.

I've had friends use lamp cords for speaker wire too. 

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

A friend of mine were installing a new amp in my car back in the late 90's. I had opened the hood to pull the fuse while we worked. After getting everything installed, I hooked the fuse back up for testing. All seemed well, so I went for a drive. At about 40 mph, the hood flew up into the windshield because my dumbass never closed it all the way. 

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

RF Power T1000 BDCP

RF Punch 400-4

2 P2D4 12's

38 minutes ago, PC Principal said:

At about 40 mph, the hood flew up into the windshield because my dumbass never closed it all the way. 

This reminds me of the time me and my boss' son were traveling across country to try to save his auto part business and we stopped to put oil in the car and the same thing happened to us after I forgot to remove the oil can afterwards.........

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Archived