Fuses for dual 1/0 runs

I've always fused to the wire. 1/0 ofc is 300 to 350. I use 300 for my dual 1/0 runs. 

Are you planning on using a dual input to hook into the amplifier or does it have two + sockets?

Since you have a battery in the rear you should fuse before or after entering / leaving a battery. Look at my setup it's pretty similar. Two runs of 1/0 fused at 300 amps per line after leaving the Underwood battery, before entering the rear battery

And after leaving the rear battery (these fuses are fused according to the amps specifications in my case I think it was 250 amps for mono and 100 for 4 channel, can't remember right now).

Sidenote. Shameless plug. I tried an accrylic dual fuse holder and it wouldn't fit my lugs so I ordered some from @audiofanaticz and they come with a warranty if anything happens to them, smds a great company. Since your already spending 30 bucks check em out.

https://www.audiofanaticz.com/smd-anl-fuse-blocks/

Also check out this for gauging fuse sizes and other wire related things like amp ratings.

The amp i will be running is a skar rp4500 1.d with 1 input i will be using the dual input. The amp recommends a 450a fuse so thats what i was thinking of using i ordered 8 of them i have a few more questions like can i put on 1/0 wire on the battery and one on the alternator? Or both on the battery? And in total i will have 6 fuses 2 at starter battery 2 before the second batt and 2 inbetween the amp and second batt

Ok my other question is about my subs i have 2 dual 2ohm subs i wired each one to 1ohm my box has 2  wire terminals so each sub has its own terminal the amp has 4 wire inputs its a 1ohm stable mono amp will the final load on the amp be a 1ohm or a 2 ohm load? Confusing stuff lol sorry joshdashef and thanks for the help im glad i found this site because everyone i ask up here in canada doesnt know or maybe im just asking the wrong people ?

Archived