aaaaawwwwww shit, here we go again!

So as I'm rapidly approaching my senior years and dead smack in the middle of a midlife crisis, I figure there's no better time to start my next build. My last system was mtx 2 9500 15's, an 81001D ans a 1k 4 channel amp to Pioneer mids and highs, which destroyed the tailgate in my 98 Expedition. 

Talk about the right place at the right time, I walked into my local stereo shop just after he started his business asked if he could get ahold of sundown coincidentally he was trying to figure out how he was going to do his dealer Buy in. A quick trip to the bank took care of that problem and as a result I'm getting  my entire system just over dealer cost. He's getting a chance to show off what he can do.

All the following is going in in 06 Chevy Silverado extra cab, all Sundown  with a jvc deck...

JVC KW-V840BT

SUNDOWN...

SCV-4000D

2- U15D4

SAE 100.4 (MIGHT SWITCH TO A SAX 200.4)

2- SXMP8" & 1 PAIR SA SEPARATES ALL IN THE FRONT DOORS

All Sundown power wires, RCA, speaker wires etc

And since that's where the discount ends,  the following is eBay special

300a alt, second ald bracket

2 or 4 xs power blems batteries. (I already bought 4, im supposed to sell 2 to my stereo guy for his shop, but all 4 may end up going in my truck)

SMD POWER BLOCKS, VOLT METER, TEMP METER, SPEAKER CONN PLATES

I'm choosing to do a sealed enclosure, down-firing in the extra cab area. I know this is neither the loudest or the best box for this application, But ultimately this is a work truck & the box is going in the area that my dog rides in. That being said we're still putting Plexi on the front area of the box so you can see the backside of the speakers Inside the Box and the amps are going on top Also under Plexi and both areas are being lit with RGB lighting. On top of all that we're building a package tray that I'm going to have padded or upholstered so doggo can still ride in Comfort. I have no interest in competing for SPL I just want something that's from really ffucking loud and sounds good, but my dog is 120 pound Akita so the box has to be small enough to leave him enough room back there.

i'll up date this thread with pictures as soon as they're available.

Yep. Check out Custom Electric Service or Jonathan Patrick on Facebook. He makes alts that are Damn near eBay alt prices and are really good alts.

Nice on the hookup man. Custom work ain't cheap but advertisement for him aren't free either. You have a nice equipment list. I'm in for updates.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

• 2 weeks later...

pics would be nice.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 10:36 PM, White Lightning said:

pics would be nice.

+1!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

• 2 weeks later...

Man getting old sucks ass. I pretty much sprained my ankle pulled a muscle in my back and throughout my hip all at the exact same time just getting on the back into that BS!! 

Okay I got some pics coming.  I think.  As soon as I can figure out how to get them from the camera to the computer

On 12/27/2018 at 7:36 PM, White Lightning said:

pics would be nice.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:17 PM, CstrokerV said:

Might want to do a google search with that brand for 200 I dont see it doing 300 amps plus I don’t see anywhere about a warranty

On 1/16/2019 at 1:22 PM, BP1Fanatic said:

+1!

Archived