aaaaawwwwww shit, here we go again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since there's no place on a Chevy Silverado to put two AGM batteries closer each other, we decided to make our own. Cut through in the bed battery box welded in place from underneath. access panel will be another section of bad call wrecking yard truck lady in on top of the box for a watertight seal. When it's all said and done I'll be taking it to a Fabricators shop For final welding and sealing.

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting build. I like the story !

Do you have any more pics ?

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

• 3 weeks later...

I plan on doing audio as a hobby until I'm six feet under! I don't care what anyone says, you are never too old for this shit. Can you be too old for four wheelers?! Jet skis?! Only when you can't get in the seat anymore haha.

How does your dog react to the bass though? I would think he'd flip the hell out hahah.

Okay so everything went to shit. Turns out the guy that was doing the installation was a hack. Fucked up the bed of my truck. . up the bed of my truck. Scratch my amps. At one point the box is actually in the truck had to come down and pick it up driving around sound like a piece of wood was flopping around inside the speaker box. It was the fucking  u15 that he didn't screw down at all. Broke the contacts on one side it's dual 2 ohm and actually installed the box in my truck before it's finished being wet sdanded. Brought the whole shit home and I'm working on the installation myself. Needless to say I'm beyond pissed I will be pursuing some sort of action regarding the bed of my truck. I'll try and get some pictures up later tonight or tomorrow.

I thought we had an arrangement he was going to donate time and build a badass system and I was going to spend some time going around the local shows showing off what he could do. Needless to say that shit ain't happening

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

On 3/8/2019 at 8:03 AM, k58.cross said:

I plan on doing audio as a hobby until I'm six feet under! I don't care what anyone says, you are never too old for this shit. Can you be too old for four wheelers?! Jet skis?! Only when you can't get in the seat anymore haha.

How does your dog react to the bass though? I would think he'd flip the hell out hahah.

i had a system when i first got him (hes a big boy, 1210# Akita) mtx 9500 series 15's in a factory box on an mtx81001d amp in a 98 expedition. That systemDestroyed the tailgate . i never play it loud with him in the vehicle. But this is also the reason why I'm not putting any speakers at all in the extra cab doors of the truck. The 8" neo's, the 6.5 mid coax and the sa tweets are all going in the front doors

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 11:03 AM, k58.cross said:

WORD! Bass head 4 LIFE!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Archived