DC Power alt low voltage on cold start up

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belt might be slipping 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I have a 93.5" belt that was for the old 145amp alternator that I had upgraded from the factory 105amp, which called for a 92.9" belt..  i could try the original one I guess as long as I stay within the normal range on the tensioner? I guess I could call DC also to see if they spec it out for the 105 amp size which I wouldnt expect but u never know. I appreciate the help tho, the belt slipping was my first thought.

U should be using a shorter belt do to the ALT pulley is smaller  to spin faster, Would try the other belt if u have it laying around.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I get 14.8-15 when it’s cold

So I tried the new old belt which according to the tensioner lines was gonna be way too tight. There does seem to be a belt size between the two per the gates website which is 5mm longer than the short one I have and 13mm less than the one that is on there. Guess I can pick one up just to see what that does. The pulley on the DC is definitely smaller (1 3/10) vs the stock (1 6/10) per a caliper I had lying around. Thanks guys

IMG_20181219_073520.jpg

Archived