Need advice for door speaker setup (adding another with custom door panel)

Joshdashef

Currently I am using a rockford p600x4 to run active with a set of Rockford t2 components. The woofers are 100 rms / 200 peak. Tweets are 75 rms if I remember correctly.

What I want to do for my next upgrade is focus on my doors. With this being a pre-owned car they are worse for wear and in need of repair so I was thinking custom door panels. If I'm going to all the trouble of that I may as well see if I can wire down my mids amp to 2 ohms to get some more midbass up front right ?

Options

So if I were to get another speaker for my doors should it be either

A. Pro speaker to focus on midrange. https://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/pps4-6/

B. Small shallow subwoofer like an 8 or 10 inch to focus on midbass. https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p3sd4-8/

C. Another 6.5 woofer ?

If I can fit it I definitely want to get more mid bass in my doors so the shallow sub idea seems like the best fit. My idea is to use my rear subs up to about 70 hz or something and the shallow sub could pickup from 60hz and up till it reaches the 6.5 woofer and then tweeter etc. 

Wiring

As far as wiring, I don't want to add another amp so the only options are to either;

1. wire down to 2 ohms and run both the 6.5 and 8 inch shallow sub offf channels 1 and 2. Tweets on 3 and 4. 

2. Another option is to switch to passive crossovers and move the woofers and tweets to channel 3 and 4 and put the shallow sub onto channels 1 and 2.

Power 

P600x4 birth sheet says 463 total (4 ohm), 756 total (2 ohm). About 115 per channel in 4 ohm and 189 in 2 ohm. 

The shallow 8 dvc 4 ohm I was looking at is 150 rms 300 peak so it would be within the range if I powered it on its own at 2 ohms but I feel like I'd starve it for power if I were to share channels 1 and 2 with the 8 and 6.5 inch woofers.

If you have any recommendations for another speaker that could suit my needs feel free to drop names. Or if you think of a better plan for this.

Any input is appreciated at this point this is all still in the planning phase. 

Cheers.

Upgrade the front stage to bigger drivers that can play lower - this would be my first choice

Build another enclosure with a flatter/wider frequency response - second

Add a woofer in a small sealed box with an active BPF to prevent cancelation. - third and would hate to do it.

What kind of car are we talking about here?

9 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

Upgrade the front stage to bigger drivers that can play lower - this would be my first choice

Build another enclosure with a flatter/wider frequency response - second

Add a woofer in a small sealed box with an active BPF to prevent cancelation. - third and would hate to do it.

What kind of car are we talking about here?

Honda Civic coupe

This is what i did a few years ago to add mid-bass to the front stage. Pretty good results.

T400-2 to run the T2's @ 2 ohm w/ each driver seeing about 125 rms. 120 hz - 3.5K

T400-4 stereo bridged to run the P3SD4 8" @ 2 ohm w/ each driver seeing about 250 rms. 63 hz - 250hz

IMG_2594_zpsysjciz95.jpg

03 Lancer, T1 6.5's for rear fill. 2 SQ HDS310 on 2k.

9 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

This is what i did a few years ago to add mid-bass to the front stage. Pretty good results.

T400-2 to run the T2's @ 2 ohm w/ each driver seeing about 125 rms. 120 hz - 3.5K

T400-4 stereo bridged to run the P3SD4 8" @ 2 ohm w/ each driver seeing about 250 rms. 63 hz - 250hz

IMG_2594_zpsysjciz95.jpg

03 Lancer, T1 6.5's for rear fill. 2 SQ HDS310 on 2k.

Damn, im about to go look for ur builds. 

I am sure you have seen my Lancer on here before.I did a trunk rebuild last spring. Wife bought a 2017 Grand Cherokee TrailHawk so the 2012 Malibu is mine now. After holidays i will do the Focal 4" component set in the A-pillars and swap out HU.

On 12/19/2018 at 10:40 AM, Joshdashef said:

Honda Civic coupe

Not sure but with the limited information given, one would think that there is room for improvement as things are. Test and tune for phase and time for the most part. Just Saying 

Proper mid bass takes more than simply adding drivers or swapping to larger drivers. Proper door treatments is a must. Hope this helps.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

On 12/22/2018 at 2:59 PM, bcbrassard said:

Pics of door panel? Any room in the kick panels?

Didn't get any notifications whoops. I'll upload some pics of them today. Kicks don't have much room so not sure if that could work.

Archived