Second Skin Audio

Sub up or back in a forester?

knubs

I had good results subs up port back in my '03

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Previously I had a girlfriend with a forester and its probably just preference but sub up sounded best, the sub was a 12" T1 on a kicker 1000 watt mono amp. Which is comparable to the xl. I would defiantly recommend some sound deaden er on the roof of dat bitch cuz hers would rattle like huff!

• 3 months later...
On 12/26/2018 at 2:56 PM, knubs said:

2018-12-26 14.53.58.jpg

Well I built that box. It sucks lol. I've been running it for weeks now and I can say it performs poorly in all ways. The response range is like 42-55hz and even at that range it seems kind of quiet. I had this sub/amp in a Mitsubishi lancer with a thin box I built for a 600w 12" years before, and it was up at about 140db on a TL. That was even with seats that don't fold down. I couldn't keep my rear view mirror on. Now in the forester it doesn't even move my mirror. Maybe the forester is just a more solid vehicle. There are barely any rattles. The sound quality on the bass is crap though. It's a very chuffy and sloppy sound.  

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I did wrong? Or suggestions of services that I could utilize to get a box designed? I suck at designing boxes and I hate building the things with a skil saw. 

Archived