Voltronix litium

49 minutes ago, lightfoot said:

Thanks for the replies. these were given to me by a friend who acquired them from his neighbor who builds electric vehicles. he said that they were about $200 a peice. can a use a standard 12v trickle charger on these or do I need a special lithium charger? 

let me know if your friend has any more, i'd be willing to give him or you some dollhairs for some

25 minutes ago, bmwking said:

a standard trickle charger should work fine as long as it's relatively modern.  dont use your grandpas old roll around craftsman battery charger.  something that's safe for use with agm batteries will be ok for the lithiums. 

lol. thats what i have(grandpas old roll around charger). glad i asked.

Just now, lightfoot said:

lol. thats what i have(grandpas old roll around charger). glad i asked.

haha well then that was a darn good example i used!  yeah i use this for my lithium bank and other agm batteries: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068XCQU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i know a lot of people who use noico or intellicharger, up to you what you wanna do.  i havent had a bad experience with my battery tender.  i leave it plugged in and holding charge on my project car all winter, so like 5 months.  never had a problem.

45 minutes ago, bmwking said:

haha well then that was a darn good example i used!  yeah i use this for my lithium bank and other agm batteries: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068XCQU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i know a lot of people who use noico or intellicharger, up to you what you wanna do.  i havent had a bad experience with my battery tender.  i leave it plugged in and holding charge on my project car all winter, so like 5 months.  never had a problem.

thanks for the link

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to installing this, and a got to say, what a difference. From starting the car to the climate controls to driveability, not to mention consistent voltage to my amplifiers. Up front I have a Xs Power D3400 and I thought when I first got it that it didn't help much, starting seemed kinda weak and voltage drops were pretty noticeable. Needless to say I wasnt impressed. After putting in the lithium Im all smiles. 

Vehicle is a '05 Nissan Altima. Running stock alt. D3400 up front and Lithium in back. 0 awg. through out. Sundown SAZ 2500 on a single RE Audio XXX 12 forward firing sealed off, 

Archived