Sundown Audio

rockford power series compact

ky_coop

I am looking at getting two of these tiny amps for my truck build i am starting soon. I need about 5-600 rms at 2 ohms for the sub amp and around 120-150 rms for my front speakers. i believe the 400x4 model is what i want for the speakers and the 500.1 is what i want for my subs.  I know the 750x1 is rated alot closer to the specs i wanted, but the dyno video in youtube kind of turned me off on that( around 900w at 2 ohms). After watching that video i kind of thought that all the other amps in the line may be underrated like that one was. Has anyone dyno'd the 400x4 or the 500x1 model? If not do any of you still have the birth sheet from factory that may show what the amps truly put out?   

if neither of those put out what i am hoping for then I was thinking i may be able to run 2- 400x2's and use one for subs one for mids and highs. 

thanks

are you concerned with the cost? With being such a small difference in power I would go for the more power option money permitting of course for various reasons. #1 have plenty of power on tap to keep your power clean, and #2 room for update and #3 cause why not?

you control the power factor when you dial it in. Clean power is also the best option. If you get the 500 and max it out and leave more desired your at a deficit. If you get the 750 you can dial it in to around 500watts and have the option to go up to say 800watts. Is there really that much difference in size between the 2?

I dont believe there is much difference. Maybe a half inch longer if I'm not mistaken. What would u think for the speaker amp? 400.4 or 400.2 for the morel tempo ultra components. I think their spec is 140 rms. I haven't decided if I'm gonna run rears or not since I already have the speakers. Would also kind of like to be able to run active possibly sometime in the future 

Archived