Sundown Audio

Orion HCCA 5k OR 8k for this Sub-woofer.

Dragonsyph

3 hours ago, jmanjr82 said:

Go with the 8k to ensure you have plenty of CLEAN power and leave yourself room for expansion.

Ya look like I'll be getting the 8k, I mean why the hell not right?  850$ for 5k vs 999 for 8k, pretty much better all around. 

Now just gotta choose if I wanna run 1ohm or 2ohm, I would think running 2ohm would be better on the amp and electrical right?>  More efficient? 

Gotta remember these amps are rated at 12.6v, and seem to dyno 2-3k higher than rated at 14.8v.  So even at 2ohm 14.8v i might see 6000-7000 watts clamped.  I will def need to lower my gain while im clamping to get to a wattage i like for the sub.

If I go that route then later i can build a box for 2 18's and wire them down to 1ohm, then reset the gain up to clipping and go full tilt aye?   But at that time id probly need more runs of 1/0 more bats, and 3 alternators lol? 

Just wanna thank everyone for there time and valuable information.   I can talk about Car audio 24/7 lol.   

Also MERRY X MASS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tat2jerry said:

Orion Amps are way under rated, if your electrical is good that 8k will do more than 8k @ 2 ohm.

BigDwiz got 13k out of the 3k HCCA @.5ohm

Dynamic BUSH... The 3k will do around 4800+@13v. You'd have to wire down to .5-.67 tho to see that number. A buddy runs this amp. He can cook a steak on his. Protects too. He clips the shit out of it tho.

Forgot a whole sentence! Lol

5 minutes ago, DiBo said:

Dynamic BUSH... The 3k will do around 4800+@13v. You'd have to wire down to .5-.67 tho to see that number. He can cook a steak on his. Protects too. He clips the shit out of it tho

I just thought it was funny it killed DC audio , Sundown, and  Crescendo, all of which cost more. But for real I do Love the New Orion amps. I'm a huge fan of SunDown but I'll choose an Orion amp all day over them.

1 hour ago, tat2jerry said:

I just thought it was funny it killed DC audio , Sundown, and  Crescendo, all of which cost more. But for real I do Love the New Orion amps. I'm a huge fan of SunDown but I'll choose an Orion amp all day over them.

Orion killing those amps is the equivalent to sundown and the rest of the field if they changed theirs and called them 2.5k's. lol. That amp is a 4.5k in a tight red dress with a mismarked tag. 

Archived