Sundown Audio

Orion HCCA 5k OR 8k for this Sub-woofer.

Dragonsyph

It is an FI team 4 18" version 2.  Says RMS of 4500 watts but who knows.  

https://ficaraudio.com/product/team4-series-team18/

Would you pick the 5k, or 8k as there is only 150 dollars difference?   Can get HCCA8000.1DV2 for $999 shipped. 

8k I would need to wire to 2ohm for 5900 watts at 12.6v

5k I would need to wire to 1ohm for 5000 watts at 12.6v

Which amp I get I guess will determine what voice coils I get. 

I'm hoping these sub can handle it aye?

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

1 hour ago, CstrokerV said:

Just get the 8 and run it at 1 ohm make sure you have excellent electric 

That sounds like it would be bad ass lol, but 8-10k into that 4500 watt sub won’t make it blow it hit Xmax in a 32hz box?  I might need to time to 30hz or set my subsonic higher then 25hz

better then running that  5 at .5 like the other guy said  just keep an eye and nose on it and you can even turn down the gain after you set the gain properly.... or maybe 2   18's or try the delta   either way make sure your electrical is up for the task

29 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

better then running that  5 at .5 like the other guy said  just keep an eye and nose on it and you can even turn down the gain after you set the gain properly.... or maybe 2   18's or try the delta   either way make sure your electrical is up for the task

Thanks for the advice mate, ya def need the electrical,  plan in running 3 or 4 runs of 1/0 for power with 2 alternators.  Not sure how many battery’s I need yet, prolly like 5 d3100s

59 minutes ago, Dragonsyph said:

Thanks for the advice mate, ya def need the electrical,  plan in running 3 or 4 runs of 1/0 for power with 2 alternators.  Not sure how many battery’s I need yet, prolly like 5 d3100s

With 2 alts and 3-4 runs and 600+ ah of AGM you can run that 8k @ .5 and actually see close to rated if not rated. Quality high current amps run under 1ohm reactive easy with the juice to feed them. Nothing wrong with 1ohm if you get an amp big enough but I like getting my money's worth outta my amps. You could always get two 3k's 1 per coil. A few guys here in Vegas running Fi like that. Fi woofers are no joke. I have a few. Lol

8 minutes ago, DiBo said:

With 2 alts and 3-4 runs and 600+ ah of AGM you can run that 8k @ .5 and actually see close to rated if not rated. Quality high current amps run under 1ohm reactive easy with the juice to feed them. Nothing wrong with 1ohm if you get an amp big enough but I like getting my money's worth outta my amps. You could always get two 3k's 1 per coil. A few guys here in Vegas running Fi like that. Fi woofers are no joke. I have a few. Lol

Ya, either way, the 8k seems like the better rout it looks like. 

Running at .5 ohm is hard on the amp no matter how it’s built not to mention there’s other problems running that low .... someday I’ll have a dc 10k just to run at 2 ohms  ... uhhhhhh probably lol

Archived