Is the 45ah Limitless Battery Equivalent to 4 100ah AGM batteries?

25 minutes ago, lightfoot said:

What constitutes the cells being out of balance? Like, how much can the voltage difference be? + or - %?  I have 4 cells, 2 are resting at 3.7 ahd the other 2 are resting at 3.53. they have been in series, in a group of 4 on a trickle charge for a couple of days, and the voltage is still the same for each cell when i measure them individually.  Should each cell read exactly the same? 

Yes you want them to be the exact same once they start to separate like that they will only creep further apart then you will have one cell at 2 and one at 3.2 the low cell puts you at risk for lithium plating and the higher cell will put you at risk for thermal run away (yes those voltages are within spec I know) but as you charge and discharge they get further apart and put you at risk for those things

36 minutes ago, will77530 said:

Yes you want them to be the exact same once they start to separate like that they will only creep further apart then you will have one cell at 2 and one at 3.2 the low cell puts you at risk for lithium plating and the higher cell will put you at risk for thermal run away (yes those voltages are within spec I know) but as you charge and discharge they get further apart and put you at risk for those things

Appreciate the Knowledge

I was going by tests on threads on videos of people switching out 300-400 AH of AGM for 45 AH lithium and playing same songs, same volume etc, and seeing how low the voltage got.  The tests showed around the same voltage drops and in a few tests iv seen the lithium held higher voltage.

Also seen alot of tests showing swapping out a JY 45 for a Limitless 45 netted higher voltage and more DB.  

Saving 300 pounds also ain't a bad thing and a bit more room too. 

But how knows.

Iv also saw tests that show a single 110AH AGM with 2 banks of caps performing better than a 45ah lithium in keeping the voltage high, which i guess is about the same price?  But i guess you also need an AGM in from with the lithium in back?  So with that a single AGM and 2 banks of caps would be cheaper and last long.

Also lithiums like limitless can use 300A of charing power to put out continuous power, something an AGM cant. 

Here are some Quotes i found that others posted from the owners of Limitless and JY themselves. 

"Limitless told us they tested 3years unbalanced and ensured they do not require balancing especially because the internal connections from cell to cell are done in a specific manner to prevent imbalancement under heavy discharge and abuse cycles"

"BMS via top balancing doesn't seem to be the way to go for car audio applications"

"Limitless owner tells me they do not use balancing because Balancing limits the output potential of the cells.

Even Travis from JY has confirmed this."

Using unbalanced cells they can FLOAT higher , up over 14V in most cases. 

Just a bit of information i found while doing research on said subject.  

I think for price to performance a single AGM and 1-2 banks of caps would be best vs a 1000 dollar 45ah lithium + an AGM for front. 

Also have to take in to count what kind of charger you have and if you have to buy another one, seems decent ones costs alot.  

NOW if you don't have the alternator to support these then nothings gonna work lol.  

HOPE THIS INFORMATION helps anyone who reads it, spent a lot of time researching this.  

#poundthemlows

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Archived