Double Din Suggestions & Help.

Happy Holidays SMD. Double din  help guys. First i am no stranger to google or the search button but still having a tough time finding what i am looking for.

Budget is $300-400. I am looking for a HU with good crossover capabilities for a more SQ set up but i don't need or want all the bells and whistle most HU offer.  I don't need my phone to pair up to HU, NO Nav, or Media bullshit. I run a Ipod loaded with music and use CD's little so the HU could be without a DVD/CD and i would  be fine with that.

This is going into a 2012 Malibu to replace the Kenwood DDX272 which was a upgrade from stock and good enough for the wife but now the vehicle is mine i want something way better. This HU has shit for crossover setting, Speaker Size and thats it, plus 5 band EQ. It does sound good though.

My lancer has a 80-PRS, i have install a couple Car Play HU's The last one being a Pioneer APPRadio 4 SPH-DA120 and i liked the crossever set up system. Found it For $299.95.

Also been looking at the Pioneer AVH4200NEX, It has a better Crossover set up IMO. Found it for $389.04.  And a Kenwood bts 350 or something like that.

I was thinking about adding the JL TwK-88 down the  road.

Car equipments current set up:

RF T3 6.5" in doors w/ tweeter on the A-piller.RF T1692's in rear deck. RF T1D412" in a Joe X designed box.

RF P500-4 for doors and Rear deck. RF P200-2 for Tweeters. 1999 RF P1000a1 for sub.

UPGRADES:

HU, adding the steering wheel control Pac add on. Rear camera. Battery and electrical upgrades. More sound deadening materials.

Set of Focal 4" components in the A-Pillars. Possible swap out RF Power Amps from Lancer to install in Malibu. T400x4, T400-2, T1500.1.

Any suggestion on products that i could research would be appreciated. After holiday clean up i would like to start these upgrades so looking to order soon to have everything on hand. 

2 suggestions to look at.  I have the 830BT installed in the wife's mini and it sounds excellent powering some ct sounds strato PA components up front and soundqubed 6x9s in the back panel.  really woke things up!  i really liked all the tuning options on it too,  everything from speaker size to time alignment to a 13 band eq.  goes for both of the units im gonna link, just 2 different budget options.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4H01KW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/JVC-KW-M740BT-CarPlay-Android-Receiver/dp/B079MGC44Q

Thanks For the input. I pulled the trigger on the AVH4200NEX. I liked the Kenwood DDX9903s but the price was $450. 

I think this will work well.

I  got my girl the Kenwood DDX9903s   its nice but the cd and dvd access is weird

it asks how big the  front  speakers are   and location and then rear and location and if each had a tweeter

then asks what size sub you have

plus a ton of time adjustments and bass enhancements that I leave off

hd and nav which I like the  nav alot

I wired it to a audio pipe 5 channel and a kicker 10

works better than  expected  and over stock its an  incredible upgrade

she is not ready for new speakers on the 4 channels yet  as I am broke after Christmas

I know you guys are not ap fans  but it gets it done for cheap same with the kicker

she is now getting the audio thing and lets me put more work into mine

the only but I cant get  rid of is the  restart, the stupid stop the engine thing

restarts the amp.  I wonder if a cap  might resolve the issue for low $$

Looked like a nice HU with good capabilities, it was  a budget  issue many. If i got that i couldn't afford other items i needed. I really need some goodies coming to get excited about these upgrades and continue planning out this build.

Thanks for sharing your experience w/ the HU.

Archived