Second Skin Audio

1st box build, (2) rockford p3sd2, 3" aero ports

jrm088

Hi everyone, this is my 1st post here and 1st box build. my setup is going to be pretty basic, im upgrading the subs and box i have now. im going to be using the same amp i have. i have a 2010 ford ranger single cab so my space is limited. so far i removed the rear 6x8s, the jack, and cut some trim to fit my custom box. i basically build the biggest box i could fit behind the seats without sacrificing to much foot room. 

20181227_161705_zps4kngiqgb.jpg

each side of the box is 1.3 cu and i plan on installing 2 10" rockford fosgate p3 shallow subs. i want to know your opinions on where on the box i should cut the hole for the subs and which side of the box is optimal for the aeroports.

20181228_162514_zpstnhmbgrz.jpg20181227_171135_zpslrhejbbp.jpg

Generally firing the ports out the sides is best, though up firing can work as well. 

You box looks good. Depending on how much power you are running a 3” aero port per sub probably won’t be enough port area.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

im running (2) rockford p3sd210's with a 600w hifonics zrx616.4

before i make any cuts on the box i want to be 100 percent sure about aeroport placement because im still a bit confused. ive read that you want the flare inside the box to be a diameters distance from the wall of the box. if i cut the port in the side of the box (3"x9" port with 2 flares) id have 15" from the flare to the center of box, would'nt that be to much space? if i cut the port in the top of the box id be left with 12"from the inside flare to the bottom wall. i hope im understanding this all correctly. if this is the case and is not optimal to have that much of a gap from the flare to the box then i could cut the port in the front of the box next to the sub and use an elbow to get the placement and proper distance from the inside wall. any suggestions or input, im a noob to box building. 

Archived