Sonic Electronix

I just bought a 2015 Scion tc and have a system planned out. but i'm wanting to brace the inner panels of the car before i start building. It's not going to be walled off(yet) and so alot of the car will be vulnerable to flex. I'm wanting to use angle iron cut to the length of the panels and weld it on. My question though is how thick does the metal need to be to be effective. and will welding on the inside of the car make the paint bubble or burn on the outside? If so is there any way to prevent it? 

I'm putting a Sundown zv5-15 on a ampere audio 3800.1 in a 6cu ft box tuned to 32hz. I put a psi platform 1 15 in to test it (hooked up to a house amp) and it was already flexing :-( 

There are some areas of the car that i will just use sound deadner like rear hatch area or headliner. but i'd really like to brace as much of the car as i can. If i cannot weld the metal, are there any metal to metal adheasives strong enough to make a secure bond? or would using wood and a strong adheasive work? Any input would be great

Yes welding on the inside of a panel will bubble the paint on the outside. It will more than bubble it most likely. There is probably nothing you can do about it either. 

If you can find some crossmembers or other areas where it’s not an exterior panel you could try using rivet nuts and then bolt to them. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Not sure if there are any places to use rivet nuts but tonight i'll take out the interior plastic panels starting from the b pillar and going back and post some pictures. I just read your post about bracing last night and thought about using wooden shelf bracing and loctite plx8. But i've seen mixed thoughts on using loctite plx3 or x8 for roof bracing. The panels will deffintely not see as much flex as a typical unbraced roof though. 

ACB114EC-4633-48EA-9D24-31AB1A8AB0BE_zps

the whole panel starting from the back of the door/b pillar to the back of the car is unbraced. now i was able to sound deaden and brace alot of the panel using sound deadner and expanding foam. The open area behind the speakers in the 3rd and 4th pic is the only place i was unable to brace. Would a few wood shelf braces glued with loctite x8 be okay for this area?

Archived