SOS Water Leak passenger side headliner

05 tahoe 

I hate to be the guy that makes the I need help now threads... But I have 2 days to diagnose and repair this thing before I go back to campus and have no tools or work area. So... Yeah.. Need to get er done asap 

Saw some drips on my rear passenger side seat. Looked up, saw a wet spot in the head liner. 

So... What all exists that can cause this? I'm fully intending to tear into it tomorrow, but I'd like to have a plan or idea of what to look for going into it rather than floundering around. Interior work ain't a strong suit of mine.

Inner door seal? 

Latch adjustment not providing adequate pressure on the seals? If so, is there an adjustment for it? 

Sunroof drains? Of note: I pulled back the sun shade and felt around in the trough. Didn't feel any water or moisture. Not sure if that's conclusive or not. I don't ever open the sun roof. The mechanism bound up and shredded the plastic pieces a couple years ago and I busted one of the plastic bits up there during assembly. Said fuck it at that point and just aligned the glass. Wasn't worth it to me since I don't really care for sunroofs anyway.

20181230_031452.jpg

Everything with a factory sunroof has drain tubes, and if the sunroof is leaking it for sure can be caused by them being clogged.

Every single vehicle ive ever had with a sunroof leaked to some extent, no matter what I did I could never get them to not leak at all.

If you dont care if it opens or not just lay a bead of silicone around it on the outside for now and deal with it at a later date.

If you use the black silicone and lay a thin enough bead you almost can't even tell its there, and it comes off easily in the future if you choose to fix it at some point.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Also, car washes(aside from hand washing it)are hell on sunroofs, that high pressure water just pushes right past those seals, and then the blow dryers force some more in.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

U can pop the sunroof glass out it’s 4 screws then u will see 4 holes in each corner those are the drain holes , before going crazy and dropping the headliner blow some air through all 4 holes to see if that frees up any debris. Next U might want to pull the wiper cowl , both frt drains mostly drain into that. I always see leaves and shit in there clogging the drain . If still that doesn’t help u will need to pull the headliner and trace all the drainage tubes . Not hard but time consuming . I have also seen windshields leak and being a basshead U have to also look at that.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Depends on what is leaking, if it is the drain tubes then see if you can blow them out with compressed air.

If it is leaking around the glass then your seal is bad and in need of replacing, and you can use some duct tape for a temp fix until you get a new seal.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

sun roof drain clog.  Use air pressure to clear debis out.  then a stream of warm water to clear tub.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

The best tool you can use is a hose or a straight up bucket of water. Pour it around the Sunroof and see if your rear right tube is clogged. You should feel water in the trough after you test it, and Id peel back the seal in the doorway to see through the headliner. It seems odd to me that the sunroof drain would leak out that far back, since the lines on the front usually run down the A pillars and the lines in the rear run down the B....Cars sometimes have the rear drains running down the rear sail panels, but given this is an SUV, I'd say the B pillars. Could be disconnected maybe where the roof transitions to the side if they have an elbow there or something.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

This truck is mocking me so bad 

Had the hose on it for an hour. All angles. Not a drop

Pull the head liner half way down, so I can see, spray it for another hour, still nothing. 

Based on where it was wet I'm thinking it's the roof rack screws

Established its not the door seal

Water wasnt in the right spot relative to the sunroof plumbing so I don't think it's that either 

I think I'm going to go ahead and put some sealant on the rack screws.

Any suggestions? Thread tape? Rtv? Butyl? Crush washers?

Archived