Battery recommendation for 07 VW Rabbit

Hey everybody, 

Battery on my 07 VW Rabbit is going out, so i figured since i needed to replace it, i would take the time to upgrade the battery and perform the big 3 along with a new amp power wire run.  I see my local Autozone has some AGMs.  Are these any good or are there better brands for the price?

Thanks

after like 15 minutes of searching, you have an H5/Group 47 style battery (regardless of a rabbit R or S).  as far as AGM style batteries go, you're looking around $210+, which is fair for a euro style AGM battery, based on the technology of it all and such.  They're just inherently more expensive than a flooded lead acid style battery.  they're also more powerful and more reliable, so it is worth it.  especially if you have aftermarket electronic power draws in your car, which let's face it, you're here, you do.

all that being said, the XS power variant is the D4700.  and it's not an unfair price for what you get.  you can shop around and try to find a differnet battery from a more boutique dealer (fullriver, kinetik, juicebox, etc.) but this will do what you want it to and hold up for longer than you expect.  a battery is an investment, best to not cheap out on it.

XS D4700 $250:  https://www.amazon.com/XS-Power-D4700-Group-Battery/dp/B00B7WIKJS

thanks BMWKing, thats one of the batteries i have been eyeballing.   I like to ask around as sometimes there can be other options at lower cost.  Not that i am looking to be cheap, but sometimes with somethings its not necessary to spend a butt load for no reason.  In this case an extra $30-$50 difference doesn't seem bad for a quality reliable product. 

Archived