Sundown Audio

Gain matching two amps.

CodyDaGoat

Working on my system upgrade currently. I am going to be soon getting my amps needed for my build. I am running two Orion HCCA152s with the Dual 20hm voice coil. I am going to be wiring each sub individually to 1 ohm, and run 2 Orion XTR25001 amps, one for each sub, non strapped. I will have 3 or 4 XS Power d3100s along with big 3, two runs of wire going to each battery etc of NVX 1/0 wire. I think this should be enough electrical to handle it.

So my question is, how will I gain match both the amps without any special tools? I have a multi meter but do not have access to a oscilloscope. Goal is to have a loud ass system with clean sound quality. I know each amp has a master/slave setting, so which would I put them in if they aren't strapped together?

Trying to get this all figured out before I start screwing with it. This is my first dual amp setup. Thanks in advance.

Use multimeter to find the output ac voltage of each amp while playing a tone (40hz is what most use) after youve set the gain where it needs to be (clean undistorted setting), and then to match them, use the amp showing the lower voltage as your reference and turn the higher voltage amp gain down to match. 

No slave if not strapped. Both will need to be set to master.

Archived