Second Skin Audio

Noobs truck box build, dual 15s, midConsole

06RTCharger

4 hours ago, White Lightning said:

Nice !!! 

Please tell me that you have talked to Ray about the “feed back” circuit on the 4.1 and you know that you will need to run that amplifier as close to 8 ohms as possible. 

Very nice Amplifiers !!! 

No i havent. I remember asking someone on here about it. About it having 4 speaker terminals but its mono. Mightve been you lol not sure tho but i picked the 4.1 up a while ago. My subs are dual4ohms so if i run two ill run it in series/parallel for 4ohm load. If i go with a single then ill run it at 8ohm. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, will77530 said:

Is that regular plywood?

Not sure, i assume it is cuz it seemed cheap at lowes. $27 for a 4x4 sheet. I got to lowes late and they were closing so i grabbed whatever looked decent and cheap that was in a managable size already also because they wouldnt cut anything that late. 

5E37A1A7-4085-47FF-A12D-0FFFBEF0A058.thumb.jpeg.7506f1ae2834f876dd6d2018391bc17c.jpeg

2 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

No i havent. I remember asking someone on here about it. About it having 4 speaker terminals but its mono. Mightve been you lol not sure tho but i picked the 4.1 up a while ago. My subs are dual4ohms so if i run two ill run it in series/parallel for 4ohm load. If i go with a single then ill run it at 8ohm. 

Feedback positive, mono positive / mono negative, feedback negative

you will make Power at 4 ohms with no problems, 8 ohms is optimal for that particular amplifier.

30 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Price of wood in HI is fuckin expensive! $27 for a full sheet even here in alaska.

I paid 60 a sheet for what went in the Avalanche 

21 minutes ago, BassMunky said:

What brand amps? Why never MDF or Baltic birchwood? Where are you located?

Linear Power Amplifiers 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

1 hour ago, will77530 said:

Well this is a good practice box then

ideally you want a dense wood 

what your using is a is a soft wood that will have a ton of voids in it 

Yah for my final box im gonna use Baltic Birch. Theres a lumber store here and they only sell it in 5x5 sheets. Its like $55 for the 3/4 thick sheets. 

1 hour ago, BassMunky said:

What brand amps? Why never MDF or Baltic birchwood? Where are you located?

Old school Linear Power amps. I didnt wanna deal with the fine dust of mdf and the high contents of bad chemicals in mdf. My final box will be Baltic birch, this is my test box so i got the cheap stuff to test. 

Located in hawaii.

Archived