Sundown Audio

need pics of HCCA 5000 splx

ncc74656

so the SPLX is different from teh V2 but hte V2 has SPLX parts?  so there are V2's for sale on ebay right now. if i buy one of those, they do not have SPLX lable on teh case. the amp I have appart does have SPLX on teh case.  the main board in there, does the V2 share teh same board and fets or are they different?  both have 3 power and 3 ground...

nothing, gutted

That's a really big amp to practice or learn on.  I would recommend trying some small, like under 500 watt, amps first.  And get fairly proficient at that.  At least if you blow up parts, it won't be hundreds of dollars worth that way.  The big time amp repair shops don't even like screwing with those huge boards.

On 1/28/2019 at 4:45 PM, ncc74656 said:

so the SPLX is different from teh V2 but hte V2 has SPLX parts?  so there are V2's for sale on ebay right now. if i buy one of those, they do not have SPLX lable on teh case. the amp I have appart does have SPLX on teh case.  the main board in there, does the V2 share teh same board and fets or are they different?  both have 3 power and 3 ground...

The splx is the highest model they make all three amps are different. I learned that in a 3-minute phone call with Orion just now. The 5000 1D and the 5000 1D V2 are very similar they said but the V2 has a higher RMS rating due to slightly better internals

Archived