Second Skin Audio

Sealed or ported?

aburger

2 minutes ago, CorNut said:

I listen to mostly metal and love my ported RE 10". It handles both bass guitar and kick drum fine. I'm tuned around 35hz, some music sounds better than others but it all sounds better than it did when it was sealed.

4.jpg

5.jpg

I like that setup. Clean and hidden!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, aburger said:

I like that setup. Clean and hidden!

http://www.southpad.com/silverado

In case you want to see some of the build process, it's at the link there. I do exclusively ported these days, with good subs and proper tuning it gets more output per watt. The boxes are bigger but you get by with smaller/less amps to make up for it. I like basic setups without having to upgrade the electrical aside from maybe big 3 and replacing battery with an AGM. That isn't something you can do without stressing your electrical running a >2,000w setup to match the SPL of a ported setup. There's lots of subjective opinions, that's mine. 

4 hours ago, ckeeler11 said:

PR boxes are tough for car audio as the drivers tend to have a lot of excursion and take a lot of power. To match that with PR's you will need multiple for each sub. Not saying it can't be done but it will take some work.

It all depends.  Im using a single 8" sub with 1 10" passive radiator

On 1/7/2019 at 4:50 PM, ToNasty said:

It all depends.  Im using a single 8" sub with 1 10" passive radiator

and it might be enough and it might not, It will all depend on your equipment. what i have experienced for the most part is that you end up needing to add to much weight for 1 pr to handle effectively.

Archived