Anyone used a CES alternator?

I got some prices from them and they seem to be really good in the price category. 

This is the info i got from them word for word.

Slot wounds are 270 amps for 245$, 300 amps for 325$. These are a little older technology but proven performers. Slightly less durable than hairpins, and a little lower charging voltage in most applications as well.

250 amp small case hairpin is 320$, 320 amps is 385$. These are great for smaller builds running lithium or caps. The regulators and rectifiers are tough enough to withstand the abuse a little better than the slot wound units listed above.

270 amp large case hairpins are 375$, 370 amps is 495$. 390 amps are 595$. These are the most durable unit and second best at idle. They have larger rectifiers and normally around the 200 amp range for idle output. The 390 amp is usually around 170-180 amps at idle and comes in a billet machined aluminum case. These large case units have the only 80 amp diodes large case twin plated rectifiers available on the market.

300 amp XL unit is the absolute best at idle. These are our newest line of alt that have 230-240 amps hot at idle rpm on most applications. They’re also incredibly durable with big 100 amp diodes on finned rectifier assemblies. These units are 605$.

Every alternator is build to order. 2-3 weeks is average for build time right now.

Lifetime warranty at parts cost.

6 months no questions asked no defect guarantee.

Powder coat is 45$.

All of our prices are shipped and include one decal.

That Large Case Hairpin 390A with an Allumium billet case or only 595 dollars seems like a great deal.  When a mecman 370A cost 800, and a Singer 370A cost 800-900.   Same with GP altenators at around 900 dollars.  

This might be the one i buy if i can find some others using it with good reviews.  

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

I run a CES alternator and haven't had any issues out of it. I'm fixing to be purchasing another as well. Jonathan Patrick has always answered any and all questions that I have ever had. I know that in the Facebook groups that I'm in when people ask about alternator the overwhelming majority of people are hollering and tagging CES. I wouldn't hesitate to buy and run one.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Nice thanks guys, looks like ill be getting a CES then.   Seems like you just can't beat that price.  390A with a billet case for 600 bucks is like HALF what all other companys try to charge. 

• 5 months later...

I myself am running a CES 300 amp alt in my 08 Lincoln mkx and with a XS power D3400 under the hood and a single d3100 out back I efficiently run two skar Sk3500's strapped on a set of Dave Leib designs upgraded sundown x12v2's now at an idle I see drops in voltage but while driving I am able to hammer these subs and I see very little loss in voltage! As stated above Jonathan Patrick is a stand up guy and willing to help anyone who contacts him with questions I am very glad that I purchased his alt and more than happy with it and their service, hell I ordered it at 6pm and it was sitting on my doorstep the very next day before noon! 

Stay with large case hairpin, If you’re only running 1 alternator do not get the 390 amp alternator get the 270. They make the power on high rpm and you won’t have voltage/amperage at idle the 270a will make more amps at idle.. if it’s your daily I assume 

1 hour ago, Miguels said:

Stay with large case hairpin, If you’re only running 1 alternator do not get the 390 amp alternator get the 270. They make the power on high rpm and you won’t have voltage/amperage at idle the 270a will make more amps at idle.. if it’s your daily I assume 

I went with the Mechman 370 elite on sale for I think 550. 

Just orderd an NSV4 18 yesterday, can’t freaking wait to get it all installed,  been I think over a year of saving and buying parts.

I have everything now except an rca bass knob and  dd1.

• 2 weeks later...

i run 3 of the 370 amp ces alternators, there good. I have a 270 amp CES alt im gonna put in in place of the stock soon. just waitin on the plug for external regulation.  been running the 3 370s for over a year now. no issues.  I did have some 400 amp fuses melt and cooked rectifiers on 2 of the 370s, sent them in and CEs repaired them and sent back out the day they got to him.

I have also ran a 320 amp mechman hairpin, i had a cpl issues over the years with that 1 though

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

CES is a great choice for alternators...I had a catastrophic failure with mine due to user error and I called Jon and told him what happened...He told me to send it back in and they'd fix it...Didn't charge me a dime and it was back to me inside of a week ...Buy with confidence 

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived