Box builders what clamps do u suggest?

8 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

The bessey jorgensen and bora parallel clamps are the ones i was looking at. I liked how the feet or claws or jaws whatever its called has a wider surface area so theres not alot of pressure in a small point. 

What would you say is the minimum amount of clamps you would need for a box build? Could 4 of those parallels get the job done? 

More clamps is more better.  If I had to pick between a set of four nice parallel clamps and a dozen cheaper Yost clamps, I'd take the dozen Yost clamps every time.  Its not uncommon to use 10+ clamps to clamp down one panel.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

1 hour ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

More clamps is more better.  If I had to pick between a set of four nice parallel clamps and a dozen cheaper Yost clamps, I'd take the dozen Yost clamps every time.  Its not uncommon to use 10+ clamps to clamp down one panel.  

Damn. Ok. Like AudioFanatics has in his picture. Crazy amounts of clamps. More the better. 

2 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

http://www.yostvises.com/products/clamps/bar-clamps/32-heavy-duty-ratchet-bar-clamp-and-spreader.htmlWhat about these? Theyre a stronger model Yost but still decent priced, says it'll clamp 330lds of force? Look like a good buy? Im thinking 15 of these if the shipping doesnt rape me lol. Went to buy a bessey 30peice set for $450, the btb30 set and shipping was almost $300 lol. Shipping to hawaii always makes things more complicating. Im hoping these Yost bars are lighter therefore cheaper shipping. Also realized i mostly need long bars atleast 24inch and above so the bessey set wouldnt have been that good of use for me with the short bars included in the set.

Yea I clamp like a mad man, and so does @Triticum Agricolam
Thats why I laugh at a lot of builders that dont clamp but brag about how many boxes they turn out.

Anyone can rush out a box fast and half ass it when the only thing on your mind is money, but I will let glue cure a minimum of 12 hours usually in the colder months, 8 in the warmer months
Also one of the reasons I only use TiteBond 3 woodglue because it has a longer "open" time, meaning the glue will penetrate the wood deeper before it starts to cure, plus its a stronger glue and has a higher water resistance because some vehicles get damp or even leak.

6 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

Fine if you plan to only build enclosures with them.

Question for the excessive clampers - do you screw your joints together also, or just clamp? When I screw joints together, I find one clamp is enough. Sometimes I don't use screws and then I use every clamp I have.

6 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

http://www.yostvises.com/products/clamps/bar-clamps/32-heavy-duty-ratchet-bar-clamp-and-spreader.htmlWhat about these? Theyre a stronger model Yost but still decent priced, says it'll clamp 330lds of force? Look like a good buy? Im thinking 15 of these if the shipping doesnt rape me lol. Went to buy a bessey 30peice set for $450, the btb30 set and shipping was almost $300 lol. Shipping to hawaii always makes things more complicating. Im hoping these Yost bars are lighter therefore cheaper shipping. Also realized i mostly need long bars atleast 24inch and above so the bessey set wouldnt have been that good of use for me with the short bars included in the set.

Those look very decent, but they are less competitive on the price.  You aren't very far away from the price of some Bessey parallel clamps.  FYI, Home Depot has the Bessey clamps for a good price.  Maybe you can get them shipped to the store for free and save some bucks that way.  

44 minutes ago, Bret said:

Fine if you plan to only build enclosures with them.

Question for the excessive clampers - do you screw your joints together also, or just clamp? When I screw joints together, I find one clamp is enough. Sometimes I don't use screws and then I use every clamp I have.

I only screw when I can't clamp and usually in that situation I use pocket screws with a Kreg jig.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

5 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Those look very decent, but they are less competitive on the price.  You aren't very far away from the price of some Bessey parallel clamps.  FYI, Home Depot has the Bessey clamps for a good price.  Maybe you can get them shipped to the store for free and save some bucks that way.  

6 hours ago, Bret said:

Oh i didnt even think to check homedepot, my store here has them instock according to the website. I checked lowes and they didnt have any, figured homedepot wouldnt either. Gonna go down and snag what i can. 

These will definatly be a good buy?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BESSEY-50-in-K-Body-REVOlution-KRE-Parallel-Clamp-with-Composite-Plastic-Handle-and-3-3-4-in-Throat-Depth-KRE3550/303953020

Archived