Still distorting/burning sub after tuning with dd1/cc1

What’s your voltage reading during this, what ALT and how many batteries?

Edited by Ron36

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

28 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

What’s your voltage reading during this, what ALT and how many batteries?

XS D3100 in front, Northstar SMS-AGM 400 in the rear, and i actually went out there to test the voltage after my last couple of replies. I put one DMM at the front battery, and one DMM at the amp, while the front didnt really drop below 13.8/14 while at full tilt @ 2k rpms the voltage at the amp got dangerously low, in the 12s.

So i cleaned up all my grounds in the front and rear, added a 2/0 from the alternator to the front battery so that makes a total of 4 grounds off the front battery, one going to the frame, one to the block, one to the alt, one to the body. I ran another run of 1/0 from the back battery - to the frame. Even though i have 2 runs of + and - from the back battery to the amp and 2+ runs from the alt to the front battery i only have 1 run of 0ga from front battery to back battery.

Do i need more runs from front to back, just one more? two more? for a total of 3? same amount of grounds to match? seems power is now the issue.

Edited by Krazykid122

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
Northstar SMS AGM 400 in the back
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU
Dual 0ga runs from the alt to battery
Dual 0ga runs from battery to amp

1 hour ago, will77530 said:

Go buy a good ol fashion cd not a mixtape you and your boys made but a good ol fashion cd pop that bad boy in there and see if you have the same problem if not then your media source sucks all the balls

Even a store bought CD is the same result, but i believe i figured out its a voltage issue now, wiring.

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU

When voltage goes down current goes up , biggest killer of subs is distortion. U can have 10 runs of wire if U don’t have enough amps to supply everything it’s all for nothing. What ohm load U running on the amp , someone commented your running at .5 . If so you need a bigger ALT. For now try running a different ohm load to see how your electrical handles it. Factory ALT ?

Edited by Ron36

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

37 minutes ago, DiBo said:

This^^^^^^^^^↑

I have stated what I have. Also what I have is in my signature. XsD3100 in front, the big ass North Star sms agm400 in the back, a 240a apex high output alternator, yes @.5 ohms. The voltage at the alternator and front battery at full tilt @2000 rpms is almost solid 14 at worst 13.8v it only gets that low at the amp. Which says the power is not getting from the front to back, so I’m asking how many runs of 0ga will be sufficient.

Edited by Krazykid122

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU

Your probably pushing 4500 watts with that amp at .5. Your ALT and 2 batteries can’t handle that. I run at .67ohms and have a 250amp ALT and 6 batteries and that’s running 4K total with mid amps.I see low 13’s on voltage. Your not accounting for mid amp either. U need a bigger ALT and more batteries or increase your ohm load.

34 minutes ago, Krazykid122 said:

I have stated what I have. Also what I have is in my signature. XsD3100 in front, the big ass North Star sms agm400 in the back, a 240a apex high output alternator, yes @.5 ohms. The voltage at the alternator and front battery at full tilt @2000 rpms is almost solid 14 at worst 13.8v it only gets that low at the amp. Which says the power is not getting from the front to back, so I’m asking how many runs of 0ga will be sufficient.

Your pulling what 450a?

couple runs of 1/0 should be able to handle that no problem

What driver are we talking about here? I didn't see any mention of it. But I didn't read everything well. As usual. 

Edit- in fact, I see zero mention of the amp or driver being used. What gear are we talking about here?

Edited by Kyblack76