Still distorting/burning sub after tuning with dd1/cc1

whats the rep on that alt company? you can put as many runs to that rear battery as you want that doesnt seem like your issue your grounds might be bad and you don't realize it 2 runs should be fine unless you have shitty undersized wire maybe one of your batts is bad also 

1 hour ago, CstrokerV said:

whats the rep on that alt company? you can put as many runs to that rear battery as you want that doesnt seem like your issue your grounds might be bad and you don't realize it 2 runs should be fine unless you have shitty undersized wire maybe one of your batts is bad also 

Pretty good from what I’ve found, they and mike singer work with each other from time to time too apparently. Both batts are good, all wire is either xs power or sundown ofc 1/0 and in the first page I said I cleaned every Ground and added two more. The voltage at the front is not bad like in the back as I’ve said like 6 times, the alt is fine!! Charging fine!! The power isnt getting to the back. 

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
Northstar SMS AGM 400 in the back
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU
Dual 0ga runs from the alt to battery
Dual 0ga runs from battery to amp

8 hours ago, Krazykid122 said:

XS D3100 in front, Northstar SMS-AGM 400 in the rear, and i actually went out there to test the voltage after my last couple of replies. I put one DMM at the front battery, and one DMM at the amp, while the front didnt really drop below 13.8/14 while at full tilt @ 2k rpms the voltage at the amp got dangerously low, in the 12s.

So i cleaned up all my grounds in the front and rear, added a 2/0 from the alternator to the front battery so that makes a total of 4 grounds off the front battery, one going to the frame, one to the block, one to the alt, one to the body. I ran another run of 1/0 from the back battery - to the frame. Even though i have 2 runs of + and - from the back battery to the amp and 2+ runs from the alt to the front battery i only have 1 run of 0ga from front battery to back battery.

Do i need more runs from front to back, just one more? two more? for a total of 3? same amount of grounds to match? seems power is now the issue.

Your rear voltage shouldn't change a full 2 volts compared to the front. Sounds like you may be on the right path with your wiring. I would get another run of positive (and negative, unless you trust your frame grounds) from the front bat to the rear since 1/0 OFC is usually fused at 300 amps and your pulling more with that amp at 1/2; start from there. doesnt make sense to only have 1 run coming from the front battery to the back when you have 2 runs each going to the amp. Im wondering if your rear battery is choking cuz there's not enough current being provided from the front...thats probably whats causing the voltage difference...like others mentioned, the rear battery may also have an issue (possible dead cell?)

The sub smell issue may be an entirely different thing...what are the specs of the box?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

1 hour ago, mbdblue said:

Your rear voltage shouldn't change a full 2 volts compared to the front. Sounds like you may be on the right path with your wiring. I would get another run of positive (and negative, unless you trust your frame grounds) from the front bat to the rear since 1/0 OFC is usually fused at 300 amps and your pulling more with that amp at 1/2; start from there. doesnt make sense to only have 1 run coming from the front battery to the back when you have 2 runs each going to the amp. Im wondering if your rear battery is choking cuz there's not enough current being provided from the front...thats probably whats causing the voltage difference...like others mentioned, the rear battery may also have an issue (possible dead cell?)

The sub smell issue may be an entirely different thing...what are the specs of the box?

well the voltage drop is probably whats causing the distortion right? its clipping because its not steady? the box is roughly 6 cubes tuned to 34hz, pretty big port i dont remember how much port area id have to measure it again.

how would i check for a dead cell? i really hope not its a $700 battery ugh.

i just recently got the single to dual 0ga inputs for the amp and alternator so I haven’t bought more to go from front to back yet 

Edited by Krazykid122

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU

I VERY VERY RARELY,  if ever, smelled my sp4 coils. Glue, sure. Never coil, and I ran a BIT more power than you currently have, to mine,  for almost 5 straight years/seasons. Weird...

Edit- and I got the dust caps and coil HOT. Melted the decals off at one show, and just kept on playing them. People that remember that build, know I beat the hell outta those things. And I sold them as "working" after all that. I know the dude that got em from me played them for a while. Hell, he still may be. 

Greg Corbin,  a team mate, put a constant 6-7k clamped to his with a lot of success also. Odd..

Edited by Kyblack76

3 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

I VERY VERY RARELY,  if ever, smelled my sp4 coils. Glue, sure. Never coil, and I ran a BIT more power than you currently have, to mine,  for almost 5 straight years/seasons. Weird...

Edit- and I got the dust caps and coil HOT. Melted the decals off at one show, and just kept on playing them. People that remember that build, know I beat the hell outta those things. And I sold them as "working" after all that. I know the dude that got em from me played them for a while. Hell, he still may be. 

Greg Corbin,  a team mate, put a constant 6-7k clamped to his with a lot of success also. Odd..

you probably were pushing clean power though right? i believe its distorting because the drop

Edited by Krazykid122

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU

• 7 months later...

Dude you must have a wire SPAGHETTI from what I have read so far. I feel your pain, this system should not be giving so much trouble like you are experiencing. I'm running two Sundown U-12 D2's wired to 0.5 on a Nendo 4k. Two XP2000 batteries paralleled to my stock car battery and stock alternator. Solid voltage above 14 almost all the time unless it's a big bass drop and I have the volume cranked. This is all in a little unibody Ford Fiesta. No real issues with the system. I used a scope to set my gain initially, and I watch the bass knob clipping light. I'm probably babying it because I haven't really smelled glue yet. The wiring though....One run of 1/0 between the back batteries (need to double check this, might have a double run here), double 1/0 from the back batteries to the amp, double 4 gauge from the front stock battery to the back ones. Same ground runs as power runs. Bing bang boom.

Edited by k58.cross

Check your wiring again, inspect your wire for corrosion ect,check every ring and make sure the crimps are locked tight, battery terminals clean & tight & make sure you used a clean thick spot for every ground, sand it down & use zinc washers, bolt it up with grade 8 hardware. 

If you are 100%positive everything is in perfect order than switch your ground locations, better yet where is everything grounded?

why bump a 7 month old post? I'd imagine he figured it out if he hasn't posted....

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
  • Thanks (+1 Rep) 1

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical