Second Skin Audio

choosing a new 10" sub

CorNut

My sub is making some pretty bad sounds and its output is starting to lack, I'm guessing it's on its way out. It also seems to be overextending at times which causes it to cut out. It's been a great sub up until now.

My amp is a first gen Audiopipe APSM-1300 which is rated 1,000w RMS @1-ohm, the box is 1.1 cu ft tuned around 38 hz.

I may have pushed too much distortion to it, from what I read the Audiopipe amps aren't the cleanest and it was tuned by ear. I've been looking at the Skar DDX & EVL 10's but they both want at least 1.75 cu ft,. The price is reasonable, will one of those work with my setup or is there a better option? I'll get the gains/settings set properly this time. I also ordered a DSP so hopefully that'll help. The box was built for the Pioneer Champion Pro sub but they no longer sell that series. 

Box is to small for those subs , a Sundown SA-10 would fit perfect. It can handle that power to.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

1 hour ago, Ron36 said:

Box is to small for those subs , a Sundown SA-10 would fit perfect. It can handle that power to.

Those specs look meant to be aside from my box's tuning.  ~35 was my goal but the shape of the box prevented appropriate port length unless I used a small diameter port. That isn't much more $ than the Skar either, thank you.

gp.jpg

Archived