Sundown Audio

Tough decisions on amp

tat2jerry

This is why “verses” threads suck. Buy what you think is the best and go with it. Then come back there and give your thoughts on the product. 

Trial and error is the only way to achieve “your” perfect system. Trolling forums just get people aggravated with one another. Car Audio is a fun sport. Don’t fuck it up for everyone. 

End rant ... 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

4 hours ago, White Lightning said:

This is why “verses” threads suck. Buy what you think is the best and go with it. Then come back there and give your thoughts on the product. 

Trial and error is the only way to achieve “your” perfect system. Trolling forums just get people aggravated with one another. Car Audio is a fun sport. Don’t fuck it up for everyone. 

End rant ... 

i agree that people shouldnt be here to piss others off, but people also shouldnt be so easily angered. It seems that some just get mad at anything that doesnt agree with their thoughts on things. 

7 hours ago, tat2jerry said:

That’s where I got my information from, it’s a total beast on music 

It won't do those dynamic numbers but it is a powerful full bridge 3k. Wiring@1 you can clamp around 2200-2400. Don't clip it too hard or it will thermal quickly. 

9 hours ago, DiBo said:

It won't do those dynamic numbers but it is a powerful full bridge 3k. Wiring@1 you can clamp around 2200-2400. Don't clip it too hard or it will thermal quickly. 

Thanks everyone but after more research I’m sticking with Taramps, the new MD line is a lot more stable than the old HD and I know it’ll do a solid 8k if I ever need it 

14 hours ago, White Lightning said:

End rant ... 

You are right sir, But reread my original post, it wasn’t a vs post. 

I was simply wanting advice on which Taramps, a 5k or 8k. Yes originally I was planning to get an orion XTR 2500

but I didn’t need or want recommendations on Korean amps.  Just advice on a 5k or 8k

4 hours ago, tat2jerry said:

You are right sir, But reread my original post, it wasn’t a vs post. 

I was simply wanting advice on which Taramps, a 5k or 8k. Yes originally I was planning to get an orion XTR 2500

but I didn’t need or want recommendations on Korean amps.  Just advice on a 5k or 8k

My reading and comprehension skills are fine Sir, no need to reread anything. 

Mainly depending on your goals and level of install, Bout the only difference you will find with a 5k to an 8k, is the 8k will not stress as much as the 5k due to the larger power supply circuit. Won’t be much difference with output depending on how well you upgrade electrical. Just Saying 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

10 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

My reading and comprehension skills are fine Sir, no need to reread anything. 

Mainly depending on your goals and level of install, Bout the only difference you will find with a 5k to an 8k, is the 8k will not stress as much as the 5k due to the larger power supply circuit. Won’t be much difference with output depending on how well you upgrade electrical. Just Saying 

Thank you for the advice 8k it is. Electrical is what I’m working on now. And the most expensive part of the system so far 

I understand 

Archived