Sundown Audio

Need help finding a 5 ch amp...

Fish Chris

Many times in the past I've tried to find a 5ch amp that could outperform my old RF Power 1000 25 to Life 5ch amp, but had never been able to find one (note; If I ever rebuild a whole new system for my truck, or future vehicles, it will surely include at least two amps, a strong monoblock, and a strong 4ch) However, if I should need to replace my RF 25 to Life {its out for repairs right now... first time in 10 years ! crossing my fingers} OR, if I should build a compact system for my little car, or future cars, I would really like a very strong 5ch amp. 

So yesterday, while surfing around, I stumbled across a very promising 5ch amp... but can't remember the freaking brand :( I do remember it was like a true 1800wt RMS amp though... 4 x 200, + 1 X 1000 wt @1ohm, and the price was $649.... and it was a solid name that I hear in comps all the time... Urggg... Sucks to be old and senile :) lol

ToNasty, yes, I believe so. I guess most mids and high channels are rated at 2ohms...

Kyblack, thank you :) Yea, my 10 year old system in my truck just keeps going and going. I did replace my 15's with a pair of 10's last year, and while not quite as loud, the SQ difference was incredible. Finally my old RF 25 to life started cutting out with the yellow safety light coming on (an internal short or something ?) and so Im hoping they can fix that. 

2 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Well the amp i am purchasing is a helix g five. Its 150x4 @2ohm and 1000x1 @1ohm on sub channel

May be it?

i cant imagine you going wrong with that amp, but it depends on what youre pushing with it. Helix makes strong stuff, but that isnt a ton of power for the price. Is the thd stupid low or something?

I can’t seem to get away from multiple 2 channels ... 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Hey ToNasty,

Well, that was not the amp, however, that does look very promising ! How much are you getting that for ?

BTW, I tried to look up the specs on that amp, and it was kind of confusing ? They dont show any ratings at 1 ohm, and the 2 ohm ratings show both 600wt, and 1200wt but nothing that said 1000 ? Hmmm...

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/helix/amplifiers/g-five

7 minutes ago, Fish Chris said:

Hey ToNasty,

Well, that was not the amp, however, that does look very promising ! How much are you getting that for ?

BTW, I tried to look up the specs on that amp, and it was kind of confusing ? They dont show any ratings at 1 ohm, and the 2 ohm ratings show both 600wt, and 1200wt but nothing that said 1000 ? Hmmm...

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/helix/amplifiers/g-five

Ya i messed up  its class ab ao usually 2 ohm is the lowest. I messed up. But im paying 650.  Its going to work perfectly for my setup

Man. I'm hoping the 25 to life gets back to you new. I dig those boards, and seeing it actually being used, (not sitting in a dudes closet or storage) these days in a build,  is slim. I'm hoping you get that board back mate. Best of luck yo. 

Archived