Second Skin Audio

dual 2 or dual 4

youdoofus

i have pretty much locked in on an American Bass XD 12" in a custom vented birch enclosure built to the T/S parameters for it powered by a SoundQubed S1-1250 which has led me to this quandary. Should i show the amp 2 ohms or 1? Im gonna be using OFC 4 gauge yada yada yada, but ive recently heard reports of the S1 amps popping under pressure. Which sub should i get for this amp? Sorry if this should have gone in the amps section, but i already have the amp, and i was leaning more towards it being a sub question at this point :D

8 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

You could go 1 ohm if you set it clean and pay attention to your woofer, 2ohms would work fine and would prevent any overpowering mistakes.

2 ohm it is then. its going in a 17 year olds car who has already blown out the drivers on my B&W mains because he thought it would be fun to show off my home audio sub to his friends and cranked the piss out of the receiver volume instead of going for the gain on the plate amp. I think i would have preferred if he blew up my sub tbh LoL

thanks man

Archived