Audiocontrol Epicenter installation help

Hey

I got an audiocontrol epicenter black version and im a little confused on how to install it. I know the epicenter needs a full range of signal in order for it to work properly. I am using pioneer avh 4800bs head unit and it has crossover options. I can run the sub out from deck into the epi and then out to mono amp. Since it needs a full range i can either turn the crossover for sub off on the deck OR i can choose the highest crossover point on the deck for the sub which is 200hz. Is 200hz high enough of a signal for the epicenter to work? if not, then if i turn the low pass filter for the sub OFF on the deck then i have no idea what range that goes up to or if it becomes full range or not.

The other option is to run the REAR channel from deck to epicenter then out to mono amp. For sure , if i do it this way i can turn the low pass for rear channel off and it will give me a full range.

So whats the correct way to do this?

thanks for the help

Try running it with rcas from your pioneer deck into your mono amp. See how it sounds to you, and play with the crossover settings a bit with the headunit or amp. Now you can compare it with the epicenter and see if it is an improvement or not for you.

Use the epicenter with your sub RCA's from your deck but the unit I saw said it can handle up to 250 so set the low pass filter to that. If that fails to work use the rear rcas

the correct way is the run a full range left and right signal into the epicenter. outside of that I would not install it. it's not going to do much for you since you have a radio that has subwoofer controls already.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

1 hour ago, mothra said:

the correct way is the run a full range left and right signal into the epicenter. outside of that I would not install it. it's not going to do much for you since you have a radio that has subwoofer controls already.

yes but would full range thru the sub out or rear out? im sure someone with a double din pioneer is using an epicenter here,. what did you use? is 200hz a full enough range for the epicenter to work properly?

regarding the epicenter,. from what ive been told, it will enhance all music in terms of low end bass, as long as you feed it a full range signal. so i bought it for that reason. according to the majority of reviews, its a great product.

Archived