Second Skin Audio

Anyone have or know about Rockville Subs

WilliG

Found these looking for a decent 10,there are a few reviews and vids around,anyone have 1st hand knowledge of these Rock ville K series

$199.00$99.95

or

Free financing $16.66/month for 6 months
See terms

Warranty:

1 YEAR
Condition:
New
Rockville W10K9D4 10" 3200w Car Audio Subwoofer Dual 4-Ohm Sub CEA Compliant
Zoom
  • Rockville W10K9D4 10" 3200w Car Audio Subwoofer Dual 4-Ohm Sub CEA Compliant
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Videos:
  • videobtn-play-video.png
Quantity:
Decrease Quantity:  Increase Quantity:

tick.pngFREE Shipping

tick.pngCall for Expert Advice
Call now: 1-646-758-0144

Video of W10K9D4:

Features:

• Rockville W10K9D4 K9 Series 10" Dual 4-Ohm Car Subwoofer
  • Peak Power Handling: 3200 Watts
  • Program Power Handling: 1600 Watts   
  • CEA Rated RMS Power Handling: 800 Watts 
  • 3" 4-Layer Black Aluminum Voice Coils Wound with OFC Wire Made in USA
  • This voice coil is stable up to 240 degrees celcius! The voice coil windings are made in the USA
  • Double Stacked 164 Oz High Quality Magnet
  • Cast Aluminum Basket With Black Sanded Finish Makes This Sub Very Efficient And Lighter Weight
  • Two Chrome-Plated Binding Post Terminals 
  • Black Non-Pressed Paper Cone With Beautiful Finish
  • Our cones are ultra-stiff. They are thicker and stronger than other subs on the market making our subs able to handle more power.
  • Thick Foam Surround Provides Incredible Sound Quality With Minimal Distortion
  • Red Stitching Cone Reinforcement Ensures Long Life
  • New Ultra-stiff  PolyPropylene (PP) Dustcap
  • Impedance: Dual 4-Ohm Voice Coils
  • Vented Hole on T-yoke Enhances Heat Dissipation
  • Special Custom Rubber Boot Magnet Covers Make the Woofer Look Nice and Protects the Magnet
  • Custom Rockville Mounting Gasket Looks Beautiful and Makes it Easy To Mount the Subwoofer Air-Tight
  • High BL Magnetic Motor Gap
  • We use the highest grade black glue that handles extremely high temperatures which allows our woofer to handle even more power than they are rated
  • Nomex Spider provides tear resistance, strength and long-term reliability over regular cotton and poly cotton spiders
  • Cutout Diameter: 9.37” inches
  • Mounting Depth: 6.3” inches
  • Frequency Response: 33 Hz - 1.5K kHz
  • 10mm T-Yoke + 10mm Washer
  • Sensitivity: 83dB
  • Sealed Enclosure Volume: 0.46 - 1.24 Cubic Feet
  • Vented/Ported Enclosure Volume: 0.53 - 1.41 Cubic Feet
  • Weight: 27.55 Lbs.
  • Shipping Weight: 30.85 Lbs.
  • Shipping Box Dimensions: 13.58" x 13.58" x 12.6" Inches

I’d stick with Sundown or any other line U see talked about on here, cheap is for a reason U get what U pay for.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I have to be honest and say based on your reply it sounds like you have your mind set on picking them up, and partially defending some of their short comings. That being the case why ask for input from people? Just buy some and see how they pan out for you then.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Buy them and give us feed back of how they are, I’d be interested in hearing about them, they do look nice but I always stick with what I know will sound good. For subs right now I run Sundown, Skar and DD in my cars.

I was asking a legit question,was the coil issue a fluke or is that still going on,to the best of anyone's knowledge.I'm not sold on them at all,that's what these forums are for,to ask questions not from a salesman trying to score a commission. Seeing the coil prob,I ain't buying if it's still going on,i will more than likely stick with the known,AB-Xfl,but thanks for the heads-up on the coils

I just talked to Rockville and they said the problem should be fixed. It is like any place that gets stuff from overseas, there is a chance of getting a bad patch.  

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power. 

31 minutes ago, WilliG said:

I was asking a legit question,was the coil issue a fluke or is that still going on,to the best of anyone's knowledge.I'm not sold on them at all,that's what these forums are for,to ask questions not from a salesman trying to score a commission. Seeing the coil prob,I ain't buying if it's still going on,i will more than likely stick with the known,AB-Xfl,but thanks for the heads-up on the coils

it was a bad batch of glue from my understanding, so yes a fluke.  based on EXO's review, he loved it while it was working.  i see no reason to not go for it now that they have the glue issue resolved, which they should since they ceased selling them when the issue was discovered.  been about a year or so (maybe less) since they took them off the market.  so the fact that they're back, yeah i'd say they cleared it up.  do it up man, give us a review.  i know i was skeptical of the $100 4 channel i got of theirs to be a temp setup, but it's been screaming clear and loud for months and has even been dyno'd to show it's legit.  i've got a fair amount of faith in em now.

Archived