Small 1.6 liter motor/ 2nd alternator burnt out... Correlation?

have you considered running 2 alts?   share the load  brother  

my s/c uses a long belt and w/o serious tightening it squeals  like deliverance drags  the rpm down to 500 at idle

the reason for that part

it has an idler to  make sure the belt covers maximum surface area

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/31/2019 at 11:56 PM, Dragonsyph said:

What are the effects of to tight if a belt? 

depends on what runs off that belt  most items are pretty durable   a/c bearing is  strong nut belts are crazy strong these days

my s/c runs off the power steering  belts and the added tension makes the  fluid dirty faster but its cheap should it  fail and fluid is easy  to change

I have seen belts damage main bearings   so yes you can damage stuff   but its takes alot of effort to do that

make  sure you can flex the belt  if its a long run  usually being able to turn it  90º by hand with good effort  is a fair test 

cleanliness is  godliness   so get some spray cleaner (brake or carb clean)  and before assembly spay some cleaner and take a snack  break  while it drys

1 hour ago, XSVTOYZ said:

have you considered running 2 alts?   share the load  brother  

my s/c uses a long belt and w/o serious tightening it squeals  like deliverance drags  the rpm down to 500 at idle

the reason for that part

it has an idler to  make sure the belt covers maximum surface area

This is a little Nissan versa. He couldn't get two alternators on here if we tried haha

What's the car rev out to rpm wise and does he drive it hard?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

3 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

What's the car rev out to rpm wise and does he drive it hard?

I'm not sure. He doesn't drive it too hard. He actually takes really good care of his system he has a lot of pride in it. He charges his batteries often. Doesn't mix AGM with lithium. Tries not to hard clip his amplifier for too long or too often. I know he's been running a 4 rib belt on a six rib alternator pulley I think. We'll get it figured out. 

From Meade's video on the 70kW Alphard Truck:

Comments on "70,000 Watts? the Alphard Ford F-350 Dually (12) 15" Subwoofers 25 Speakers in each door!"

hqdefault.jpg

Pilot na Valqk
The speakers, subwoofers, amplifiers etc. just as the customizing of the bodywork have cost about $ 100,000. All windows on the car are bulletproofed the thickness is 2 cm (0.8 inch). The sum of the rated output is about 100 kW. Installed are twelve 15-inch subwoofers, each 3 kW and 40 kg (88 lbs) weight, only 22 amplifiers, of which 8 are monoblocks, each 5.5 kW, 8 broadband amplifiers and 6 two channel amplifiers. For the power of the audio system 3800 lithium batteries were installed and two generators each 370 amps. For the acoustics, 56 midrange speakers, 14 high frequency speakers and 12 high frequency compression drivers.

Only two 370 alts for that much power. This leads me to believe you don't really need a HO alt as long as you have enough battery power, but I'm sure they would help by taking some load off the batts and extending play time.

Archived