Second Skin Audio

is my system on par?

BMS

So i have a spl lab mini and i was wondering if my setup is on par? I have 6X pap 2k 12's. and 2X prv ad8000.2's. This is a box not a wall. I have no sound deadener. And i hit a max of 154.7 db at 26 hz. if i stay in the frequency range of 21-34 i can stay in the 150s. if the song is a solid bassline for 3 or so minutes by the end of a song playing at about 153 db ill start to smell the coils of the subs. There is no clipping according to the clip indicator set for 1% thd. Do you feel this is on par? ill give extra details about my system now. 2.5 cu ft. per sub. box tuned to 28 hz port area 260 in^2. 1X 350 amp alternator. 1X limitless lithium 100ah. 1/0 ofc. The subs have a 4'' 8 layer coil rated at a "conservative" 2000 watts rms per sub. port faces front. db ratings are off the windshield.

No really i was asking if it is no par because 6 12's is a lot and i dont know what i should meter considering i usually like to play in the 20's i could put some pics but its an ugly install i only care about bass. it's just i hear a lot of scores thrown around that are higher than mine with less but they are usually at higher frequencies and my frequency range and for lack of better words stamina seems low.

Still want pics or it’s all a dream.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Ive got 6 12oz Budweisers in a 250lb gorilla with an otherwise empty stomach and i think i just farted a 156 at 30hz.

Is that up to par y'all or nah?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived