Newer HU's that support iPod Classic

Anyone using a double din headunit from 2018+ that still supports a iPod Classic? If so, which one?

I am looking for a new double din and was eyeing the Kenwood DDX775BH and noticed on Crutchfields site there's a note that states:

Not compatible with 30-pin Apple devices. Video playback is not supported.

Gotcha. 

So the reason I was gonna look at the kenwood is because the pioneer I currently own is a AVH-X4500BT. It works pretty good with the iPod classic but does error out every so often. Plus the User interface is a bit old and outdated but I guess that’s a given since it’s so old.

I’m kinda lost just don’t know what I want, I did kinda want to stay with pioneer but I also kind of want to see what other companies offer. I have a single din JVC in my other whip but I’m not too impressed by that one so I was thinking of going with kenwood or pioneer or alpine. I did stop and check out the Alpine iLX-207sxm but I felt that user interface was horrible. 

All the user interfaces feel old and outdated to me.

I cant figure out why they all haven't just started using andriod.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

14 hours ago, XSVTOYZ said:

I wish I still had a classic  I have I pod touch and my  pioneer nex5000 sees it fine

my wife has a kenwood with nav  dnx6935   I could try it if you feel its something you are interested in 

its cold out so it may take a day

If you don't mind just trying it out I guess that would be fine. The main thing that has me worried about the kenwood is it saying it doesn't support Apple 30-pin devices. I may have to try a pioneer again as they're the only one on Crutchfield's site that states it is compatible with a "full size" iPods. Although I know from previous experience not all of the "compatibility info on their site is correct.

20 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

All the user interfaces feel old and outdated to me.

I cant figure out why they all haven't just started using andriod.

This. I'd gladly pay $600 or w/e these companies are asking for an Android headunit with all of the bells and whistles that Kenwood or Pioneer offers. 

I like these OEM style double din headunits from Dynavin, they require no adapters for steering controls and chimes and also don't require dash kits.. There is one reported issue regarding the iPod classic and using navigation but the issue is relatively minor.

https://www.jandtdistributing.com/collections/dynavin/products/dynavin-n7-gm2007-radio-navigation-system-for-chevrolet-silverado-2007-2014-and-gmc-2007-2013?variant=44448900557

2 hours ago, XSVTOYZ said:

both the pioneer and the kenwood need an adapter to play video but both do recognize my old ipod touch for music files   but w/o the adapters no video

Thanks! That's good to know, I didn't really use my iPod classic much for videos on my old Pionner AVHx4500bt much anyway. That feature was nice but not really practical lol. 

Archived