Second Skin Audio

12" or 15" loudness.

mfdoom7

Greater cone area definitely translates in more loudness BUT the 15" sub will need a larger box, now one needs to know exactly what subs are you talking about and in which boxes to tell you what are the net differences between them. It's always a good idea to use larger size subs as long as you have the space for them. 

The 15" is the red plot on 3 net

The 12" is the orange plot on 2 net

comp.jpg

These are compared on the same 900W power but the 15" can take 1100 RMS so it can even perform better. In this case I would go for the 15" as long as you can fit a proper box in your vehicle.

for that 15" woofer will L port do fine or aero port ? i can get an aeroport 4 inch ports 15.7 inch lenth both sides flared and it can be cut to lenght. right now i have 1 12" with flare port i kinda like that. i want best possible box size vs output ratio. i was thinking T line with 12" but with 15" it will take up all trunk but it will play nice lows. 

7 hours ago, mfdoom7 said:

so 1 18" will be even better @sameish power ? 

The box for a 18" is significantly larger, not all vehicles can fit such sub properly, if you can and depending on the sub you may and usually do get greater output for the same power.

4 hours ago, mfdoom7 said:

for that 15" woofer will L port do fine or aero port ? i can get an aeroport 4 inch ports 15.7 inch lenth both sides flared and it can be cut to lenght. right now i have 1 12" with flare port i kinda like that. i want best possible box size vs output ratio. i was thinking T line with 12" but with 15" it will take up all trunk but it will play nice lows. 

Any type of port will do fine as long as it's the right size,  the best way to know what needs to be done is posting what vehicle you have and max dims for a box, also what amp you are going to use.

Archived