Second Skin Audio

12" or 15" loudness.

mfdoom7

Tools and material are ready now just need to wait for woofer to arrive and calculate box volume and port area! i used WINisd to get box volume it gave me 85L  or 3.0 cubic ft.

software shows that i need 4x 4" ports total of 35inch lenght in port to get less than 30ms air velocity. peaks about 20.5 M/s 

34 minutes ago, ckeeler11 said:

I would do a slot port. Will be easier to fit an dmore efficient than 4 4" aeros 35 inches long each

slot port it is. but now i need to know box volume and port area. is RE audio box calculator any good ? all info about woofer is here: http://edgecaraudio.com/en/subwoofers/edb15d2x-e7. how do i know how much volume my box needs ? and port area ? 

i would like to tune box 34-35hz 

18 hours ago, mfdoom7 said:

what about this one ? 

2.png

No its super inaccurate, will almost certainly give you the wrong plans each time. God forbid you try to calculate with more than 1 sub... Either way, you are doing most of the leg work, just do the math your self, and draw it on Google Sketchup.

Seth Hardin

On 1/30/2019 at 3:47 PM, Meave Stede said:

No its super inaccurate, will almost certainly give you the wrong plans each time.

i dont know man i made box for my old 12" JBL GT5 it was on stock enclosure jbl1204br. now its on L port tuned to around 35hz. and it sounds way louder and cleaner. IMG_20190202_165638.jpg

IMG_20190202_194552.jpg

IMG_20190202_193623.jpg

2.1cuft net 

46.92sq inch port area 

Archived