Sundown Audio

Wow... Our amps are junk! Regardless of what brand you're running.

DiBo

Talked to an amplifier repair person here in Las Vegas Nevada. This guy used to compete in the late 80s and now does a lot of high-end home audio. I won't go into brands but he told me that these caps and internals are Chinese junk. 50¢ a pop type junk. He told me that if I bring any amps to repair he puts quality internals. He said the samwa and capcion ( not sure if I spelled that right) is absolute garbage. he said he would use at minimal Panasonic caps at about $6.50 each and they're far superior that what we're getting. This dude just talked for 45 minutes about how bad we're getting duped lol. Korean amps but nothing but Chinese cookie cutter parts. I'm honestly not worried about it I'll still spend the money and I'll even spend extra for a certain name over another name because I like the brand better. It was just very interesting some of the stuff he had to say. Wow... 5000 watt boards for $239 ( but you have to order 50 and have your heat sinks made). He told me to stay away from the big ass 10000 watt boards and to stick with multiple 2 ,3,  and 4000 Watt boards hahaha. I just found a very interesting how knowledgeable he was. I thought I'd share some of his opinions hopefully not starting anything. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve been told similar information by my local repair technician here in Mississippi. I’m thinking shit like this is why he builds his own amplifiers. 

Guess you can’t help where parts are built, but it’s very nice to have someone that knows what he needs to make his amplifiers work and makes sure to buy the best of the best parts for his equipment to operate at maximum performance. Damn I love equipment Built in the USA !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

10 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

I’ve been told similar information by my local repair technician here in Mississippi. I’m thinking shit like this is why he builds his own amplifiers. 

Guess you can’t help where parts are built, but it’s very nice to have someone that knows what he needs to make his amplifiers work and makes sure to buy the best of the best parts for his equipment to operate at maximum performance. Damn I love equipment Built in the USA !!!

Built but not manufactured.  My Silverado was built in the us but the parts were made in Mexico

Man you know I’m just having fun stirring the pot ... LOL

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I had McDonalds on my way home from my last call ...

Archived