single or multiple connections (split fusing)

So a long electrical question each of my amps say to fuse them at 450A and the only have a single 1/0 input. I put a 225A fuse on each amplifier for temp and just never changed them.  i didnt draw enough to pop the fuses but i did draw enough melt the plastic a little and discolor the fuse element the heat caused resistance and resulted in a voltage drop which isn't good for my amps and i didn't notice it right away until the smell. I also torque checked my bolts on my batteries and they had gotten looser. so my question is should i put a single 450A where i have the chance of the connection coming loose witch is really bad for the amp or would i be better off putting 2 225A fuses where it is unlikely both will come loose at the same time but if only one comes loose i may have the same problem with the fuse that is NOT loose heating up like the single 225A did previously. Which is the worse case scenario for the amps one loose connection that is almost immediately detectable or 2 connections where if one is loose the amp would have an insufficient supply that might not be noticeable for quite a while?

Why not use a dual input adapter, that would allow for each incoming run to have its own 225A fuse?

Oh, i misunderstood. It sounded to me like you meant stack two fuses on a single run. I recommend two runs, each with its own fuse, going into a dual input adapter on each amp. As far as the hardware backing out/coming loose, blue loctite.

8 hours ago, Dragonsyph said:

So each dual adapter gets 1 fuse, so 2 for a total of 4 wires?

No, each run into the adapters should be fused.

Archived