Sonic Electronix

On 1/27/2019 at 9:56 AM, XSVTOYZ said:

ok  what car is this??  what amp is your alt?  

do the big 3 in as heavy of gauge you can afford,  0g ofc is recommended

run 4g power minimum  4g  ground   ofc

like I  said I have a pair of jbl gtx at 2ohm  on skar vd-10 and with one it was fine and with 2 I am still fine   maybe a slight dim at idle at max output  but its not enough to worry  me I see  my volts go  from 14.1 down to 13.5 then bounce up to 14.3 and settle back to 14.1  this is  at night  during the day its less

my truck idles at 500 rpm (supercharger drags it down) and a stock 80amp alt  (which is considered the lowest output standard)     if you are concerned get a  big battery and quality connections 

Who cares if you have a big battery? If you cant keep the battery charged while listening to music, a bigger battery isnt going to help. Upgrade the alt, you will have less problems. If you drain the battery faster than you charge it... well, you get it.

Seth Hardin

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meave    I can see you are not exactly reading  you just hope to up your post count 

when you do you will realize I advised he had enough charging for 1000 watts

I was indicating that he had enough to charge the system unless he  was running around playing a constant test tone  the system will charge fine 

I asked what alt so I could be sure but unless  it a 3 cylinder or a pre 80's car he should have more than 80 and I could say for sure  no issues

I feel a little  trolling from you sir Meave Stede and dont like it

Do U have a volt meter , what’s the drop it doesn’t take much to dim lights, if that’s your only problem get some LED’s. I’m guessing that’s an 80-100 amp ALT. Probably closer to the 80 side being the year and not that many electronics back then, I bet there are a lot of options for ALT upgrade and at a good price.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

A320DE36-D70B-4C53-8A8B-C9694D8DCE14.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I’d go bigger then that personally but that’s cheep 

Ok ,I’m trying a few things before I spring for a new battery and alternator. Got a 1 farad cap off my buddy and I want to hook it up to one of the amps . My power from battery is fused 12 inches from battery,and going to a fused distribution block in trunk which feeds all three of my amps. I only want to wire it to one of the sub amps. So is this how I do it? Power from fused distribution block to cap,power from cap to amp,ground to chassis

alt is as stated above your best security

I am just wondering how did you set your gains?   

I recently had the same experience of lights dimming and dang near kill the truck  and I was clipping like crazy

I did a little figuring and spent some time, I lost some out put but I no longer clip and no longer blink to the beat

I have a similar set up

2 jbl gtx 500 on a pair of skar vd-10  

80 amp alt and my battery is new but not a performer and the big3 and figuring out I was trying too hard,  she hits hard and only on real  long tones do I drop voltage  but I dont play it loud for extended periods either

Archived