Sonic Electronix

Ok so this is what I have, 2 kicker 2 ohm dvc 10 inch L5s,2 alpine m-500 amps for the subs, My lights do not dim whatsoever with only one sub running. But I want to hook them both up with their own amp. I’m sure this will dim the lights. So should I hook up another battery in the trunk?or use a cap? And if I hook up another battery should I run both subs off the secondary battery or one off the main one off the secondary. Also do I need a special battery for this or can I use a deep cycle battery as I have a brand new one from my boat. Thanks in advance for any help

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What ohm load You gonna run with 2 dual 2ohm subs it’s either.5 or 2ohms. At half ohm I doubt your amp will hang and go into protect and at 2ohms your loosing half the power on your amp .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Sorry I can’t read , run that shit

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

ok  what car is this??  what amp is your alt?  

do the big 3 in as heavy of gauge you can afford,  0g ofc is recommended

run 4g power minimum  4g  ground   ofc

like I  said I have a pair of jbl gtx at 2ohm  on skar vd-10 and with one it was fine and with 2 I am still fine   maybe a slight dim at idle at max output  but its not enough to worry  me I see  my volts go  from 14.1 down to 13.5 then bounce up to 14.3 and settle back to 14.1  this is  at night  during the day its less

my truck idles at 500 rpm (supercharger drags it down) and a stock 80amp alt  (which is considered the lowest output standard)     if you are concerned get a  big battery and quality connections 

I don't think those amps are 1 ohm stable.....so you're gonna have to run each amp at 4 ohms.

That's only a 600 watt draw....you'll be fine.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Archived