Fuse holders that won’t break the bank.

6 minutes ago, DiBo said:

The problem with the circuit breaker is the more they trip the weaker they become I believe. I was told to stick with anl fuses. 

How often do you blow fuses though? If you're blowing them and everything is set up correctly then you have the wrong size. Fuses only blow if you fuck up or shit goes haywire. Not under normal operating circumstances.

I made my own fuse holder out of ABS, nuts and bolts. I used nylon acorn nuts to hold the lid on so that I didn't have any contact points outside of the case. Cost me about 10 bucks and holds 4 fuses with a buss bar on one end for distribution. I'll snap photos tomorrow when I have daylight. It's ugly but someone who cares could easily make it pretty.

6 minutes ago, CrackFactory said:

How often do you blow fuses though? If you're blowing them and everything is set up correctly then you have the wrong size. Fuses only blow if you fuck up or shit goes haywire. Not under normal operating circumstances.

I made my own fuse holder out of ABS, nuts and bolts. I used nylon acorn nuts to hold the lid on so that I didn't have any contact points outside of the case. Cost me about 10 bucks and holds 4 fuses with a buss bar on one end for distribution. I'll snap photos tomorrow when I have daylight. It's ugly but someone who cares could easily make it pretty.

Only time I've ever blown fuses is when I forgot to tighten my lugs down once and the wire popped out and grounded. Other than that I don't ever pop any fuses. 

Ya gonna go with fuse blocks, i love the look of them more so then an ugly ass breaker lol.   Might just get the SMD 4 fuse holder that has a distro block on 1 side.

Can run two runs from alt, and two runs from front bat to the distribution side, then 2-4 runs to the back off that with fuses.  Would look pretty nice too.  But hell i need 6 fuse blocks min so still gonna be 100+ dollars if i dont go the DYI route. 

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Archived