Fuse holders that won’t break the bank.

Cheapest I’ve found are single holders from sky high for 8 each, mechman has some for 6 but there not ring terminals.

I heard you want rings and not set screws is there a reason? Guessing set screws went very secure. 

SMD 4 fuse holders are real nice with a buss bar on one side but are 55 each, would live some of them but that’s like 180 just in holders. 

Iv seen some make there own with wood and steel bolts but that shits hella ugly.  If I went that route I’d have to do research on best materials.

Can I run 2 runs from alt and 2 from front battery to a buss bar, then two fuses from bussbar to 2 runs to the back? Then reverse that with two to the back bat and two to the amp all fused again?

So two at front two at back them two before amp?  About 6 fuses min.

Just trying to save money anywhere I can but at the same time want quality and didn’t hurt to look good too?

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

The cheaper SHCA ones, ... are just that ., cheap. Can they work,... kinda.

I hated the 12 SHCA cheap ones i ran in my blazer build.  They broke, all the time. I dont know what to recommend you, ... as, i do like the SMD ones we have in the burban build,  but, i can say, get something, a bit better than the lower end SHCA ones. Just my .02

4 hours ago, Dragonsyph said:

Iv seen some make there own with wood and steel bolts but that shits hella ugly.  If I went that route I’d have to do research on best materials.

Making distribution blocks inspired by the pic here is on my to do list. I just scored a bunch of free copper plate, which is a good conductor. I'm going to use wood, copper, aluminum and stainless. I have gathered an abundance of these materials off the free section of craigslist.

wiring.png

I’ve used these for years never had an issue got about 15 of them , they do the job.

A00AB9CB-1BAA-48CD-83A2-52FDFDFBE824.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

4 hours ago, DiBo said:

I like the Rockford Fosgate joints for single fuse ( or multiples) but their expensive so this comment is useless. Lol. They do make the nicest ones tho imo 

Used those in my acura build years ago. They are nice. But, ya,.. a bit costly. I got mine, at a decent deal, from Tony Candela (CE auto supply dude), with some rad RF cable (power/ground runs, rca's and shit). 

I have like 8 RF analog fuse holders in a box sitting around. Switched to SDM style. They are nice but bulky and take up room when you need a few of them.

Budget wise skip the sky high ones. I used them with their own wire and lugs and the tops wouldn't fit on at all. I went with SMD and I won't go back, but since you want to get the best bang for your buck I think making your own might be the cheapest way to get something that won't break on you. You could always make a fuse holder a part of your build - i.e. the wood you use to hold your battery/amp rack/etc. like this guy did. 87c5eb3f.jpg

Not saying its pretty by any means but it seems about the cheapest way to do it. You could see if anyone sells acrylic covers to put over the bolts or make your own.

Thanks everyone for all the advice,  def won’t buy the sky high ones.

5 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

Budget wise skip the sky high ones. I used them with their own wire and lugs and the tops wouldn't fit on at all. I went with SMD and I won't go back, but since you want to get the best bang for your buck I think making your own might be the cheapest way to get something that won't break on you. You could always make a fuse holder a part of your build - i.e. the wood you use to hold your battery/amp rack/etc. like this guy did. 87c5eb3f.jpg

Not saying its pretty by any means but it seems about the cheapest way to do it. You could see if anyone sells acrylic covers to put over the bolts or make your own.

That looks pretty cool, I might try that out, what kind of hardware should I use? Iv read steel is not very good, maybe zinc or nickel coated or something ?

12 hours ago, Ron36 said:

I’ve used these for years never had an issue got about 15 of them , they do the job.

A00AB9CB-1BAA-48CD-83A2-52FDFDFBE824.png

Nice those look decent and a good price too.  Good option thanks.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Archived