Sonic Electronix

we would need to know a bit more information before doing so

-what kind of vehicle is it in? truck? car? SUV?

-what dimensions do you have to work with?

the boxes aren't very big so they could fit most places unless you're trying to squeeze them under or behind seats which is why we would need the workable dimensions.

8 hours ago, Torres said:

we would need to know a bit more information before doing so

-what kind of vehicle is it in? truck? car? SUV?

-what dimensions do you have to work with?

the boxes aren't very big so they could fit most places unless you're trying to squeeze them under or behind seats which is why we would need the workable dimensions.

They are going in an 18 ram crew cab, back seats not under seats or behind or anything, workable dimensions are pretty much open.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:04 PM, Firelife12 said:

They are going in an 18 ram crew cab, back seats not under seats or behind or anything, workable dimensions are pretty much open.

Measure under the seats. See how much space you have. You only need a box that is .65 cuft if you go sealed. It’s gonna be hard if not impossible to make a ported enclosure. It needs a 19” port with 10sqin of area. That’s already .31 cuft. So, if you want a port, I’d have to say an aero port. Either way, its going to be difficult. The hardest vehicle to make loud without some serious interior/ cutting of the cabin is a truck. If you want back seats, and lots of bass, a blow through 6th order. If you don’t care about seats, 2 18s, 3 15s, 4 12s, 6 10s, 16 8s, etc. I’d go with the 12s or 15s, but that’s just me.

Seth Hardin

On 1/29/2019 at 10:04 PM, Firelife12 said:

I strongly recommend not putting a subwoofer enclosure on your back seat. If you get into an accident that is going to be an extremely heavy and unsecured projectile flying forward.

16 hours ago, reedal said:

I strongly recommend not putting a subwoofer enclosure on your back seat. If you get into an accident that is going to be an extremely heavy and unsecured projectile flying forward.

“ThEn DoN’t GeT iN a CrAsH!!1!”

Seth Hardin

On 1/31/2019 at 2:42 AM, reedal said:

Umm... In theory yes. That's why we bolt down or secure the enclosure down. I agree extra steps should be taken to make sure this isn't an issue. I had a person behind me fly so hard forward into the back seat that the seat broke once. I was 17 and looking at some girls walking ( everybody in my car was lol) and ran into a lady at a red light. Still this this day I wear seatbelts and haven't caused an accident since. That was 20+ years ago. E=mc²

Archived