Suggestions on RCA cables pease!

Hope this is the right section.

Been looking over RCA and my god there are so many.   The few that im looking at right now are as followed. 

RCA's are another subject i know almost nothing about so i thought i would make a thread about it while i do research, work at the information from both ends.  

Crutchfield Reference 2-Channel RCA Patch Cables

23.99  for 17 Foot.

Crutchfield Reference 2-Channel RCA Patch Cables Front

Sky High Car Audio Premium 2-Channel RCA

35 dollars for 17 foot.

Sky High Car Audio Premium 2-Channel RCA 1.5ft-20ft

AMAZON basics have some gold plated ones for 9,99.

I was just gonna use the base knob that came with my AMP,  but a bad ass bass knob would be cool.   So i would need a 3 foot RCA from deck to knob then like 12 feet from that to back amp??

Does RCA get affected by the length like power wire? Am i wanting to keep them short as posable?  

Any suggestions on RCA, what kind i should get, or if the cheapest ones are good enough would be great. 

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

I never had any issues with any of my SHCA ones except being so tight on the amp that it broke the shielding on the amp side once, but that could have been poor amp QC. I wouldnt go for the cheapest set on amazon, as cheap can sometimes be indicative of quality, as in poor soldering or a thick jacketed cable with two strands of copper. You could always try your hand at building your own as well. Plenty of "how-to's" out there. Maybe not the cheapest option, but not going to break the bank either, and you get to ensure the quality is to your liking. 

Thanks, guys, just wanted some input as i found out alot of there fuse holders break.

I do love the look of the skyhigh ones also.  

Any suggestions on if i should use the base knob with the amp, or buy an RCA one?

If so what length RCA cables would you suggest,  3 foot and 12 foot?  Its gonna go in a Chevy Tahoe behind 2and row seats. 

I prefer an RCA style knob myself, i use the PAC LC-1. As for lengths, that's a decision best made by measurements. Use string or extra wire laying around and decide where and how you want to mount everything, and measure the string or what have you to determine the length needed.

5 minutes ago, reedal said:

I prefer an RCA style knob myself, i use the PAC LC-1. As for lengths, that's a decision best made by measurements. Use string or extra wire laying around and decide where and how you want to mount everything, and measure the string or what have you to determine the length needed.

Thanks mate, thats a good idea. 

Theres another version from skyhigh for half the price,   16 bucks for 12 feet.    Is the Copper Braiding over 100% of conductors needed on the Premium version?

Sky High Car Audio 2-Channel Triple shielded RCAs 1.5ft-22ft

• 1 month later...

I have used the stinger 6 channel 4000 series on last 30 installs ( I run a small audio install Bay)  and have had 0 problems with them. Easy to run cause they are flat, solid connection,  and very budget friendly, like $25 for 17'. Have had 0 all noise even if they are run next to power wires ( don't do it unless I just cannot avoid it, so it rarely happens). 

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

If you have a soldering iron and patience you can make your own RCAs.  You can end up with ones that are the perfect length, look however you want, and are customized to your specific situation.  They aren't hard to put together at all.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Thanks, everyone for the help and tips.  I ordered the skyhigh 2and tier ones, some 3 foot and some 12 foot. 

Archived