So i pulled the old alt out last week. Only pic i got but what i had to pull to get the alt out. 

sxXU0fN.jpg

put new alt in, worked great. Parked it and went back to work. 11hrs later when i got off work i got in the car and battery light on and volt meter wont turn on. So i shut car off and turn it back on and low and behold.....voltage regulator went out on new alt. Voltage just climbs to 20v+. 

So back to square one and will be pulling alt again after tools show up in the mail as ill be replacing both axles as well

• 2 weeks later...

So i finally got the car fixed. Here was the issue on the 11 hr old alt. I believe 26.88v is a little high

5eTJAbc.jpg

Ordered a 3/8 and 1/2 drive impacts to make the work go faster. To put alt in and swap both axles took 1.5hrs.

7VjdXOH.jpg

0DGaibm.jpg

Yeah it was time for new axles. Next will be ball joints

trc33m3.jpg

thats my update

We have a local shop here in Ms carrying the DS18 brand. Can’t wait to get your thoughts on it !!! 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 3 weeks later...

No audio updates but do have headlight updates. Hard to work on these between breaks at work lately.

8* hyper spots as extra high beams “show only”

OnTIMaQ.jpg

VlAyWsU.jpg

Before and after

HpRFr8x.jpg

bBC4hDM.jpg

Alot of work just to test shit before sealing the headlight back up

d2V0F7m.jpg

Yes both sides are on

kbg1A2C.jpg

xHDW6A1.jpg

waiting on more parts to come in still. Hoping to have them installed by next friday

• 1 month later...

Headlights have been finished last month and are a world better at night

ZkEwbEN.jpg

s8kpKX9.jpg

8n0WdpE.jpg

dH7d9ZX.jpg

ohrYUZJ.jpg

new non ebay ballests came in today and wont have night pics for a bit. 

But other update. Put a temp system in for a car show 2 weeks ago

w18eyk3.jpg

1lVi3o0.jpg

LIWumI6.jpg

2 sundown x 8s v3s on a sundown sae2k in a custom lowz enclosure, only did a 142.3@36 on stock alt and playing all day with car off. But now i has to go bigger on the real build.

after that weekend system came out and my front door speakers to match my rears finally came in. But had to make adapters to make them fit

1JlWgol.jpg

3fC0eb8.jpg

qccdYI3.jpg

more updates coming soon

Archived