Sonic Electronix

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, bmwking said:

just the nature of the beast man.  sucks tho.  if youre not getting a reliable reading from the headunit well, then the amps are just exacerbating the situation.  but hey at least we found the source of the issue, sucks it's the literal source of your system tho :(

Tell me about it, sometimes it gets hard working on multiple cars at once. I just installed a 3 battery setup in my friends Tahoe previously mentioned. Now I’m currently rewiring my old school as well as building a new box for my civic only to find out I need a new radio. ??‍♂️ I wish I would have know this before I brought all these other goodies lol. I can probably spare $250 for a new double din in another week or so, in the meantime I have single din pioneer I can use until then. I just don’t want to go through the trouble of trying to get it mounted only to rip it back out.

14 hours ago, bmwking said:

just the nature of the beast man.  sucks tho.  if youre not getting a reliable reading from the headunit well, then the amps are just exacerbating the situation.  but hey at least we found the source of the issue, sucks it's the literal source of your system tho :(

It’s definitely my headunit. I just used my Aux to rca cable and plugged my phone directly into the amps. Man it’s so clean and loud I thought I was going to blow my trunk off lol. I’m going to install a pioneer single din that I had laying around until I can afford the double din I want.

try grounding the RCAs before you go removing a bunch of stuff and rewiring a new head unit. 

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

1 hour ago, LoudPackRacing said:

It’s definitely my headunit. I just used my Aux to rca cable and plugged my phone directly into the amps. Man it’s so clean and loud I thought I was going to blow my trunk off lol. I’m going to install a pioneer single din that I had laying around until I can afford the double din I want.

im glad we could help you get it figured out, sometimes it helps to ask the hivemind instead of driving yourself crazy:)

5 hours ago, mothra said:

try grounding the RCAs before you go removing a bunch of stuff and rewiring a new head unit. 

Good point here. 

My Pioneer AVH-X4500BT would do some funky shit when turned up past 30, it would cut out when the bass would hit. I ended up grounding the rca's on the back of the unit and only then could I play my music past 30 all the way up to around 37-39ish depending on the song. That headunit's highest vol was 40 too.

I have no idea if this is the case with yours but I will say that this is kinda the reason I want to try a different brand Double Din this time around. 

5 hours ago, Rockbrook said:

Good point here. 

My Pioneer AVH-X4500BT would do some funky shit when turned up past 30, it would cut out when the bass would hit. I ended up grounding the rca's on the back of the unit and only then could I play my music past 30 all the way up to around 37-39ish depending on the song. That headunit's highest vol was 40 too.

I have no idea if this is the case with yours but I will say that this is kinda the reason I want to try a different brand Double Din this time around. 

I actually swapped radios already but I will give this a try when I get some more free time. So basically just wrap a piece of wire around the rcas and ground it to the radio? If this doesn’t work and I need a different unit should I just get another pioneer or should i try something different?

3 hours ago, LoudPackRacing said:

I actually swapped radios already but I will give this a try when I get some more free time. So basically just wrap a piece of wire around the rcas and ground it to the radio? If this doesn’t work and I need a different unit should I just get another pioneer or should i try something different?

have you ever hot swapped your RCA's on that headunit. i mean, have you ever unplugged RCAs from an amp while the headunit was on?

21 minutes ago, strangeduck said:

have you ever hot swapped your RCA's on that headunit. i mean, have you ever unplugged RCAs from an amp while the headunit was on?

Yes I believe I have done this before on more than one occasion. Would this cause damage to my radio?

Archived